Sarynda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

I've been browsing around and I decided to get an R4i Gold for my 3DS. I already have a micro SD card though, so I don't want to buy that. However, I have absolutely no idea what to download and install on my micro SD to make the R4i card work. I read stuff about Wood and Kernel...

So my questions are: what do I need to download for my micro SD card? And is a 2GB card big enough or do I need a bigger one? Also, do I need to keep my old fat DS to update this card or can I update it in my 3DS, much like my CycloDS Evolution?

Last but not least: Can I just copy + paste the games and game saves currently on my micro SD or do I need to do something else to keep the saves?

Thanks in advance!

Nicole Luyben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i guess the R4i gold you mentioned is R4i gold 3DS flashcard from r4ids.cn team. when you get this card, you can use it to work on your 3DS (V2.1.0-3) directly! Just download the latest wood firmware and your game roms on your SD card.

R4ids.cn download page : http://www.r4ids.cn/r4i-download-e.html

1. latest wood firmware V1.32 : ftp://r4idsdown:[email protected]_V1.32.rar
2. download some game roms
3. Extract the wood folder and put the files and game roms in the root of your SD card !
4. put the SD card and R4i gold card in your 3DS
5. Done !

If you buy the R4i gold 3DS card now , i think most of them are already preflashed for your 3DS , such as this one : http://www.digitopz.com/r4i-gold-3ds-flash...-3ds-p-216.html so you dont need to do any update with a DS or DSi this time...3

And yes, just the download ----copy ----paste things....

hope i didn't miss your questions!
wink.gif

Sarynda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, it seems that where I want to buy my flashcard, it's not preflashed... Does the card work in my fat DS for an update?

Or is there a webshop that sends their stuff to the Netherlands as well within a week? The one I have is a Dutch site that can send my flashcard within 3 days but the card is not preflashed.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
R4i card will work on any DS phat/lite without having to be preflashed. The flashing thing only concerns the DSi/DSi XL/3DS.

nico445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sarynda said:
Well, it seems that where I want to buy my flashcard, it's not preflashed... Does the card work in my fat DS for an update?

Or is there a webshop that sends their stuff to the Netherlands as well within a week? The one I have is a Dutch site that can send my flashcard within 3 days but the card is not preflashed.
just buy one from a chinese shop. it's way cheaper and usually takes about 1/2 weeks. if i were you i would buy a acekard or a supercard. they cost a bit more but are way better
smile.gif

Sarynda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah I decided to get the R4i Gold because of the price vs quality. Found a dutch webshop now, also not preflashed but at least I can use my old DS to update.
smile.gif

Sarynda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Never mind that last statement... The R4i Gold sold by that webshop is a fake, apparently (yellow cartridge and wrong site). So now I'm thinking of getting their Acekart 2i (real enough since the site on the cartridge is the real site), I've seen that AK has an upgrade so that it works on my 3DS with 2.1.0-3. Will I be able to upgrade the AK2i in my fat DS? I'm not sure what upgrade I should use then.

Sorry for the (maybe) silly questions and double posts, but I just want to be sure everything is going to work when I buy a flashcard.
smile.gif

kotaro_14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sarynda said:
Never mind that last statement... The R4i Gold sold by that webshop is a fake, apparently (yellow cartridge and wrong site). So now I'm thinking of getting their Acekart 2i (real enough since the site on the cartridge is the real site), I've seen that AK has an upgrade so that it works on my 3DS with 2.1.0-3. Will I be able to upgrade the AK2i in my fat DS? I'm not sure what upgrade I should use then.

Sorry for the (maybe) silly questions and double posts, but I just want to be sure everything is going to work when I buy a flashcard.
smile.gif

Use the AKAIO update just search for it on their website, it should be there.

Nicole Luyben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sarynda said:

smile.gif

Hi Sarynda look at the site again http://www.digitopz.com/r4i-gold-3ds-flash...-3ds-p-216.html , this r4i gold 3ds card is real card from R4ids.cn, it is the latest card with a new package, do you know the official team has changed the package, look at the news in gba here : http://gbatemp.net/t299158-r4i-gold-3ds-fl...d-their-package

Don't know why you say "yellow cartridge and wrong site" Everything is correct IMO. and i bought from this site and get the pre-flashcard as well.0.about the acekard , i just checked as well , yes, it is real card from official too, but you need to update it by yourself when you get it. but now that you already have a DS console , then no worry , you can buy any of them , R4i gold , Acekard ...both are working ..

QUOTE(Sarynda @ Jul 11 2011, 02:29 PM) Okay, but can I use my fat DS for the update or do I need a DSi or higher?

Yes you can , if you get the r4i gold, dont need to update , because pre-flashed , if you choose acekard , yes, use your acekard do the update.

Hope it works for you!

Sarynda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi Nicole,

I wanted to get a flashcard rather fast because I'm going on vacation next week and I want to have it before then. That's why I checked out some dutch webshops, and the one I found the R4 at, sold a fake one. That's why I'm going to get myself an Acekard because that one is real.
smile.gif

I emailed team AK with my questions so I know what I need to know now. Thanks for all the help! *gets herself the Acekard*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Link the Twink?