questions about psxitarch linux

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by xunsus, Apr 15, 2019.

1. xunsus
    OP

xunsus Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2017
    Algeria
    So i'm on 5.05 and i use x-project 1.5.5
    i'm very interested in the linux loader and what it can emulate (as in wii and maybe wii u)
    but since there are multiple ones i was wondering wich was better for emulations (VRAM 1-2 or 3)
    also since they require a usb stick how much does it need to be
    finally i konw this is unlikely but has anyone tried breath of the wild on it with all the fps patches and all and is it playable
    thanks

2. MostlyUnharmful

MostlyUnharmful GBAtemp Regular

Feb 8, 2018
    Italy
    From personal experience, a full Debian Gnome desktop is around 7~8 GB of system files. I wouldn't use less than a 16 or 32 GB USB stick, preferably a fast USB3 model.

You can find on YouTube (horribly filmed) clips of people allegedly using Cemu on PS4 Pro, so it's probably feasible but don't expect high FPS. As a rule of thumb, I would first try to install it on a regular desktop, then attempt on a PS4, unless you have a lot of patience and high stress tolerance (I lack both)...

xunsus likes this.
  3. xunsus
    OP

xunsus Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2017
    Algeria
    Alright thanks for the info
    as for cemu ihear you can emulate the low end games (2D stuff) still worth a try
    still hope somone answers which linux loader is best (i have a ps4 fat by the way)

4. Leeful

Leeful GBAtemp Member

Sep 4, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Install Psxitarch V2 Linux with the VRAM2 or VRAM1 loader and then after that use the VRAM3 Loader to run linux when it is installed.

The VRAM3 loader loads linux with 3GB video RAM and 5GB system RAM.
    The VRAM2 loader loads linux with 2GB video RAM and 6GB system RAM.
    The VRAM1 loader loads linux with 1GB video RAM and 7GB system RAM.

Do not use the VRAM3 to install linux.

hope this helps.:)

Also The faster the USB drive the better. A solid state USB3 would be ideal.

Last edited by Leeful, Apr 17, 2019
    xunsus likes this.
  5. xunsus
    OP

xunsus Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2017
    Algeria
    OK that's all i need to know (the rest is on modded warfair youtube channel)
    Thanks for the help

Leeful likes this.