OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hey i bought a used black psp slim 2001 and am not sure if i have the TA-088v2 or TA-088v3 firmware. I made it restore default settings and when I checked it had firmware 4.01. I was wondering what action I should take to hack the psp. Also, it would be better if I could use ChickHEN and not waste any more money.
I don't have the original box or anything like that, just the PSP and a charger

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I could have sworn that TA-088v2 or TA-088v3 was the model and motherboard of the psp or something lol
blink.gif

and there is no such thing as official CFW, it's either the official sony firmware or a CFW of your choice.
rolleyes.gif

As for the method of changing your firmware I know nothing of using ChickHEN to flash the firmware because I used the pandora method with the M33 CFW but then again I have a phat psp so the method you use may need to be different. I suggest looking through a few more threads and guides before you decide on what to do, to get you started I suggest you should have a look through this guide before you do anything to your psp as it may make things alot easier for you

http://forums.mformature.net/showpost.php?...amp;postcount=1

it shows how you can easily tell the model of your psp and what motherboard it has which also in turn gives you the method(s) you can use to hack your psp for CFW.

hope this has been of some help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.