KQJai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,
Bootmii: i backed up my nand with bootmii, but where is it located in my SD card? Also how do i power up my wii without going through the bootmii manu

Softmii: What does softmii really do? Run backups? use modded theme? do i need this, if i already installed CIOScorp and a wiikey modchip?

WAD: WAD manager, i got the 1.3v i dont really know what it does, but i managed to use it to install the opera internet channel. (IF Wad manage use to install channels or games from the wiishop, where do i download the WAD files from?

My Wii currently has hbc 1.0.3(with the homebrew browser+ some homebrews), bootmii2, preloader, wadmanger1.3 dvdx, installed CIoscrop, Wiikey1 and on 4.0U

What else do you recommend?

Sorry for asking too much questions at once

thanks, kevin

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bootmii: If you did it right there should be a nand.bin file thats about 540MB or so right on the root of your sd card next to the bootmii folder. If it's not there you may not have actually done it yet. Once in bootmii you click on the 4th icon on the first screen and then the first icon on that screen. You should have an sd card that's at least 1 GB and not half full with other stuff. Then let it run through everything and then run through again to verify it all. (Should take about 5 minutes). As for skipping the bootmii menu on startup you can edit the config.ini file in the bootmii folder with textpad or something and remove the pound sign before autoboot=sysmenu (could also change sysmenu to hbc if you want it to autoboot to the homebrew channel) and then have bootdelay=0 to have it boot straight to what you set to autoboot. Or for an easier way to just autoboot to the system menu just rename the bootmii folder to something else, or don't boot up with the sd card inside.

Softmii: Is basically just a guide to install different apps. If you already have CIOScorp and a modchip the only thing I think softmii can provide for you is the softmii tweak toy thing to let you install custom system menu themes, which isn't really necessary at all.

WAD: wad manager installs any sort of wad you may need, usually vc/wiiware games, or channels/forwarders for stuff in hbc or stuff like that opera channel, or specific IOS's and such. Download wad files of games and such elsewhere(google) and don't ask for them here.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All 4 of my nand backups are 540,673 KB. I don't think it's a set standard for every backup to be exactly the same size. One guy even said his friends backup was somehow like 800 MB or something ridiculous. Regardless it should be something slightly over 512 MB meaning you will need an SD card thats at least 1 GB and that's all that really matters.

KQJai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks you very much nabster92 , really appreciated it

I still cant find my nand in the root of my sd card. i have a 2 gb micro sd card with a adaptor. I am sure i backed it up( tried 2 times) cause after i finish the sd has only about 800mb left.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yawn