Questions about Arm9Loader hax

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by YharnamBadass, Mar 20, 2016.

1. YharnamBadass
    OP

YharnamBadass GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    Ecuador
    1: If at the end I restore my sysnand with my Emunand back up, that means not only my saves are restored, but also I will have access to eshop with my nintendo id without doing any formatting method or something else?. I'm gonna follow a guide and it seems some people have this problem.

2: I have patched TWL Firm by Aurora Wright, I read something it might make sysupdater crash when downgrading. Is this true?. If so, what is the TWL firm for new 3ds xl so that I can get it from 3DNUS?

3: I will use a guide that doesn't require formatting, is that ok? or the chances of brick are increased substancially?.

4: They say the only way I will get a brick is that my SD is a faulty one or a bootleg one. I have no way to check mine, it is a 32 gb kingston made in taiwan but it has never been faulty, I've seen that with some cias, the progress bar kinda jumps instead of building up the progress smoothly but It has never installed a cia wrong with BigBlueMenu or Fbi. I've never had a cia install error except for twl firms and agb firms, and then, only on fbi, when I installed them from BigBlueMenu it never failed for those. Am I safe?

5: Would you say getting arm9loaderhax is worth it for me? I have aureinand on my new 3ds xl, and I pretty much have 95% bootrate.

6: If I do the Emunand Validation step to my unbricked 2.1 downgrade, and it validates, does it mean it's failproof won't brick once restored to the sysnand?

Last edited by YharnamBadass, Mar 20, 2016
  2. YharnamBadass
    OP

YharnamBadass GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    Ecuador
    Bump, please Someone to clarify my doubts? no one seems to be able to hardmod 2ds or new 3ds on my country so I don't wanna fail on this.

3. gkoelho

gkoelho GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 16, 2015
    Brazil

1. U will have all ur information\saves\games as they were before setting up a9lh

2. U need to undo the patches to guarantee the updates

3. follow plailects's guide, seriously. this process is way dangerous and his guide is by far the most noob-friendly and safer.

4. u cant expect someone to know that

5. U say it, it worth the time and risk if u like to take the most of it and have simplified things. just be conscius of your decisions.

6. no, any byte which by any means get a problem during flash process can fuck u up, the chances are really low tho.

Last edited by gkoelho, Mar 20, 2016