Hacking Questions about acekard and dealextreme.

bestibomber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was thinking about buying the acekard 2 for my original ds at dealextreme. So i got a couple questions.

What do i need to download... which firmware and such to set it up?

Can i use a gift card with pay pal?

Is dealextreme a reliable place to get it?

If I want to download content would i just have to download it then put it onto the micro SD by draging it to the micro SD?

I also heard about if they make a firmware its only for the DSi and DS Lite not the ds phat .... then that person told me i won't be able to use my acekard is that true?

Does it really matter if i get the acekard 2 or the acekard 2i for my ds Phat?

Any additional information would be appreciated. Sorry about all the questions, but thanks anyways

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Telling you where to download games is illegal so I won't answer that and games are usually 8mb - 256mb depends on the game. (you might want to edit out asking bout where to download games as well)

DX is reliable but slow (eh around 2 weeks to get to me)

The firmware you should use is AKAIO which can be found in the downloads section or in the sticky in the Acekard section.

I'm not sure if you can use a gift card for paypal so I'm leaving that to someone else.

zuron7

RBYG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
you need to download the acekard firmware
dealextreme is reliable but if you want it quick try another site
dealextreme takes a minimum of 2 weeks weeks to deliver

AGAINST THE RULES TO ASK FOR WAREZ

I DONT KNOW ABOUT THE GIFT CARD WITH PAYPAL

bestibomber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BoxShot said:
Telling you where to download games is illegal so I won't answer that and games are usually 8mb - 256mb depends on the game. (you might want to edit out asking bout where to download games as well)

DX is reliable but slow (eh around 2 weeks to get to me)

The firmware you should use is AKAIO which can be found in the downloads section or in the sticky in the Acekard section.

I'm not sure if you can use a gift card for paypal so I'm leaving that to someone else.

Alright I toke the download question part out.... whats the AKAIO?

bestibomber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BoxShot said:
AKAIO is an unofficial firmware that is actually better than the original firmware.

Edit: Yeah its just drag and drop for the roms.

Alright thanks for all the information.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you haven't ordered your Acekard 2i yet, read this.

Don't order from Dealextreme! They are terribly slow to ship and just as slow to deliver!

I ordered my Acekard 2i from the Gbatemp affiliate www.gamezway.com, and they shipped it the same day for the same price.
It still took a long time to deliver, but I didn't have to wait 10 days for it to not ship. (I cancelled my DX order)

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
I have to disagree with the post above mine. DX were very good, I got an Acekard 2i cheaper than anywhere else on the net, and it got all the way to the UK in a week. Which is very good for free shipping.

I'd choose DX over GameByGame ANY day. They lie (don't believe me? Look at their CycloDS, they claim to have the lowest online price - WRONG they have free shipping on hardly anything, the site looks, well, shit, the front page is covered with more lies and self promotion, and they seem to have stuff about shipping, and what the 'TruePrice' all over the site, yet their shipping is expensive, and they charge over 3 times as much for a DSTT then DX do.

That's enough ranting about GameByGame. DX are cheap, their free shipping isn't bad, and they've got a good choice of products. Also, they're the only site selling the new batch (HW: 81) Acekards, to my understanding.

bestibomber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ShatteredScreens said:
I have to disagree with the post above mine. DX were very good, I got an Acekard 2i cheaper than anywhere else on the net, and it got all the way to the UK in a week. Which is very good for free shipping.

I'd choose DX over GameByGame ANY day. They lie (don't believe me? Look at their CycloDS, they claim to have the lowest online price - WRONG they have free shipping on hardly anything, the site looks, well, shit, the front page is covered with more lies and self promotion, and they seem to have stuff about shipping, and what the 'TruePrice' all over the site, yet their shipping is expensive, and they charge over 3 times as much for a DSTT then DX do.

That's enough ranting about GameByGame. DX are cheap, their free shipping isn't bad, and they've got a good choice of products. Also, they're the only site selling the new batch (HW: 81) Acekards, to my understanding.

Alright thanks.... which is the new batch? http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/search.acekard

Hax Mega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just be aware that a lot of the cards from DX seem to be defective... ( Got mine two days ago and it was DOA with a can't read game card screen.) I also got it as a gift order so I can't RMA it.
hate2.gif

bestibomber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hax Mega said:
Just be aware that a lot of the cards from DX seem to be defective... ( Got mine two days ago and it was DOA with a can't read game card screen.) I also got it as a gift order so I can't RMA it.
hate2.gif

Can you get your money back and get a new one then?

Vampirex

Dhampir
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hax Mega said:
hate2.gif

That sucks
sleep.gif
.. I just bought 2 Acekard 2 ver2.1 hw:80 from DX. Both work flawlessly, and i have 2 more on the way. Hopefully i will have no problems with those. DX takes a while to ship (3 and 1/2 weeks to ship to canada), but for the price. Im not complaining. 11.83$ for AK2 and free shipping. I see other sites sell for 30$ to 90$!

Have you tried contacting Acekard 2? I think they will RMA it no problem.. And probably faster than DX as they are slow in responding. I canceled a partial shipment ( ordered ak cards w/ micro sd, the micro sd never came), Its been like 2 weeks and they havn't replied yet...

So if your gonna order something from DX, make sure they have in stock.. Or you'll end up waiting a long time. My micro sd's wasn't in stock forever so it slowed down the order. But they do partial shipments too, hence why i have my acekards and not the micro sds.

bestibomber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Vampirex said:
Hax Mega said:
hate2.gif

That sucks
sleep.gif
.. I just bought 2 Acekard 2 ver2.1 hw:80 from DX. Both work flawlessly, and i have 2 more on the way. Hopefully i will have no problems with those. DX takes a while to ship (3 and 1/2 weeks to ship to canada), but for the price. Im not complaining. 11.83$ for AK2 and free shipping. I see other sites sell for 30$ to 90$!

Have you tried contacting Acekard 2? I think they will RMA it no problem.. And probably faster than DX as they are slow in responding. I canceled a partial shipment ( ordered ak cards w/ micro sd, the micro sd never came), Its been like 2 weeks and they havn't replied yet...

So if your gonna order something from DX, make sure they have in stock.. Or you'll end up waiting a long time. My micro sd's wasn't in stock forever so it slowed down the order. But they do partial shipments too, hence why i have my acekards and not the micro sds.

Dude where does it say HW:80 acekard 2's at dealextreme? and which ds are you use?

Vampirex

Dhampir
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bestibomber said:
Vampirex said:
Hax Mega said:
hate2.gif

That sucks
sleep.gif

Dude where does it say HW:80 acekard 2's at dealextreme? and which ds are you use?

dosn't say on the site. I just know because when u in AKAIO it tells u which HW. Can't tell until u get it i guess. And im using DS lite

Hax Mega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vampirex said:
Hax Mega said:
hate2.gif

That sucks
sleep.gif

I have emailed Acekard and they said: "Please ask your reseller for a replacement. Thanks" I had said in my email to them that "It is impossible for me to RMA the Acecard2i because I received it at a gift order"

So they either didn't understand what I meant, or the body of my Email went unread.
unsure.gif

bestibomber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Vampirex said:
bestibomber said:
Vampirex said:
Hax Mega said:
hate2.gif

That sucks
sleep.gif

dosn't say on the site. I just know because when u in AKAIO it tells u which HW. Can't tell until u get it i guess. And im using DS lite

Which Acekard 2 did you get from dealextreme? http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/search.acekard out of those?

lipanz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
i ordered mine on 22rd april.. and they just shipped it on 30th april.dont know when will arrive. just kinda afraid when you said that most of it is defective.. i ordered acekard2.1 (SKU:16142)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1