[question] where to start?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by arm9enthusiast, Dec 25, 2016.

1. arm9enthusiast
    OP

arm9enthusiast Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2016
    Canada
    my step brother recently gave me a PSTV he claims has already been modded, but he didn't provide much instructions on how to use the homebrew and stuff. the PSTV is currently on firmware 3.60. it has molecularshell and vitashell installed (and antiblacklist which i'm assuming is homebrew) but they don't seem to launch, i just get "an error has occurred c1-6775-5" every time. and accessing the email app gives me a "this memory card email database must be formatted first" (or something like that) error.

i skimmed through the guides already posted here but i don't know what point to start at, what needs to be installed, etc. i'm extremely new to pstvbrew and i don't want to format and start from the bottom in case of any potential damage

any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Turn on Wifi, and go to beta.henkaku.xyz in the web browser. This will install taiHenkaku, which is the hack which those homebrew installed need to run. You MUST install this every time you reboot the console.

After that, read the second post in the Noob thread about what to do and how to do it (which, really, should have been where you started in the first place).

http://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-th...g-guide-check-here-first.403035/#post-5805839