Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
after I flash to CF

do I still have to use the pandora battery of switch back to the regular one

and can I reformat the momory card, or leave the files on the magic memory stick?

I am close to getting a psp (I begged the wife!!) and I want to have everything i need first

Dermy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the memory stick you use is an extra one it wouldn't hurt to keep it around.

And what do you mean by the regular one? Do you mean to change the pandora battery back to normal?

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
podunk1269 said:
do I still have to use the pandora battery of switch back to the regular one

You will need to switch back to the regular one.

QUOTEand can I reformat the momory card, or leave the files on the magic memory stick?

You can, but you shouldn't. Keep it safe, or turn it into a time machine card (Google dark alex time machine). If your PSP locks up, you can always use your pandora battery and stick to recover.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After installation, you need to use your normal battery, and save the magic files on your hard drive somewhere before format.

IBNobody

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Linkiboy said:
After installation, you need to use your normal battery, and save the magic files on your hard drive somewhere before format.

Don't do this unless you have a way to write to a MSPS without the PSP. If you brick your PSP, you've also just bricked your MSPS reader.

I found that out the hard way.
tongue.gif

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
Even after saving the contents of a Magic Memory stick on a hard drive and recopying it after formatting, you still need to write the MS BOOT CODE on the mem stick. Which needs a working PSP to be operational.

So i suggest keep the Magic Memory stick and DONT TOUCH! (lulz) until you will need it again.

IBNobody

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
altorn said:
Even after saving the contents of a Magic Memory stick on a hard drive and recopying it after formatting, you still need to write the MS BOOT CODE on the mem stick. Which needs a working PSP to be operational.

No, that is not true. You can use the MSPD command line utilities to reformat and repartition your memory stick, provided that you have an msipl.bin previously extracted from the PSP. (If you use a time machine install, you don't even need to repartition the boot sector.)

This method isn't supported as much, though, because it requires you to have a copy of the msipl.bin file. This file is illegal.

solange82200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused, I turned my MMS back into a regular memory stick. If I were to brick my PSP, can't I just make a new MMS and start over? I did save my nand file on my computer, I'm assuming I would use that? Someone please explain, now I am worried
frown.gif

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
solange82200 said:
I'm confused, I turned my MMS back into a regular memory stick. If I were to brick my PSP, can't I just make a new MMS and start over? I did save my nand file on my computer, I'm assuming I would use that? Someone please explain, now I am worried
frown.gif

Do you have another method of putting stuff onto your memory stick aside from your PSP (card reader on your PC/laptop)? If so, you're safe. If not, then keep a dedicated MMS. If you brick your PSP, don't count on using it as a means of accessing data on your memory stick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Still in need of a good laugh? Watch this movie. LMAO! I watched it a few day ago. Hilarious!