[QUESTION] System transfer

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by bastiqui, Dec 25, 2016.

1. bastiqui
    OP

bastiqui Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2016
    Hello, first of all happy holidays to everyone :)

I have a 2DS with A9LH. The SysNAND is on version 10.7 and it doesn't have an NNID associated. Actually I have 2 SD cards:

In the 1st SD: I have an unlinked EmuNAND with my NNID associated, all my games, friends , homebrew, etc.

In the 2nd SD: I have another unlinked EmuNAND, it’s a backup of the SysNAND, so it doesn’t have a NNID associated. Then I upgraded the EmuNAND to the 11.0 version.

My friend has a N3DS(XL) that came with 11.0 and we want to downgrade it. The plan is to do a system transfer from the EmuNAND on the 2nd SD card, (that it doesn’t have a NNID associated) so “it will not transfer my NNID”.

If I execute the transfer from the 2nd SD EmuNAND, will also transfer the NNID that is associated in the 1st SD card’s EmuNAND?

If someone could help me, I would appreciate it :D

2. Gamerjin

Gamerjin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2016
    United States
    Last edited by Gamerjin, Dec 25, 2016
  3. bastiqui
    OP

bastiqui Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2016
    No, the 2nd emunand it's a backup of the sysnand which never had a nnid linked before, but I have formatted it just to unlink it from the sysnand.

Yes I've checked the guide but there isn't any thread/FAQ about this specific scenario.

4. Gamerjin

Gamerjin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2016
    United States
    srry, the reason i mention the guide was this part:

quoted from https://3ds.guide/9.2.0-downgrade

5. bastiqui
    OP

bastiqui Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2016
    We are following the guide, step by step. But my fear is, if I do the transfer using the 2n SD CARD, will I transfer my NNID which is associated only to the 1r SD CARD? Remember I have two differents EMUNAND's...

6. Gamerjin

Gamerjin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2016
    United States
    ok, well, the emunand that your transferring doesnt have the nnid, as you have said:

therefore, i dont think it will carry over based on the fact that its the emunand, not your sysnand that being transferred over.

7. MadMageKefka

MadMageKefka GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 28, 2016
    United States
    World of ruin
    I'm not 100% sure how this works because I stopped using emuNAND long ago, but I do know that you can have more than 1 NNID tied to a console, but only 1 linked at a time. Easy way to test: load up the emunand without the NNID and try to make a new NNID. If it works, perfect, proceed as normal. If not, it means the system is still linked to your NNID on the other card. If that is the case you need to unlink the NNID first or it will transfer. You should be able to re-link your old NNID after.

8. bastiqui
    OP

bastiqui Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2016
    Thanks for the answers, we gonna try to create a new NNID in the 2n SD CARD and see if it works.
    But until next week we can't test it because my friend will not be here... I gonna try to update this thread if we get something doing it by this way.

9. MadMageKefka

MadMageKefka GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 28, 2016
    United States
    World of ruin
    Feel free to join the discord linked in my signature. I'm online any time I'm awake and am always happy to help. Just tag me there and I will get back to you asap.

10. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Yes, it will, as confirmed by many people on this forum in the past.