Hacking Question: Save files not showing up in Chrono Trigger?

Tthhhbbpp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had just managed to get all the way to "The Final Hour" chapter, where you're given the opportunity to freely explore the world and do all the last minute side quests. I saved, shut off the DS, and then went to bed.

When I opened it up this morning, although my Chrono Tigger rom loaded quickly I still had the .sav file, none of my actual game saves were available. Did I just screw myself over by not backing up? Is there anything I can do to salvage the last 20-odd hours of gameplay?

Tthhhbbpp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, came back to clarify:

AK2.1
AKAIO 1.41
I didn't update the loader or do anything beyond the default install as it appeared to work fine to date

ROM properties:
Savetype: Unk/Auto
Save Slot: Default*
DS download play default
soft reset deault
cheat/action replay defualt
AK2 loader AKAIO

Chrono_trigger_Fix.nds.sav present

Tthhhbbpp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it will help track down the problem, it just happened with my Order of Ecclasia save. The odd thing: Yesterday I started the game and loaded the save, but didn't save back to the disk. Today I attempted to load again, and the game responded as if it was my first time playing the game (but still loaded quickly, as if the AK didn't need to recreate it's on .sav file). Thankfully I had made a manual backup, and in replacing the file .nds.sav from the backup, the game came back fine.

Very odd
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo