[Question]Regionfree and SaveData

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by probablygay, Aug 23, 2015.

1. probablygay
    OP

probablygay GBAtemp Regular

Jan 20, 2014
    United States
    I'm having issues playing USA games on my European N3DS. I'm using tubehax and a region free launcher, and every time I launch any USA game it states that the save data is corrupt. When I launch the same games on my USA 3DSXL, they launch just fine save data intact. Is there some value I need to change or something preventing the usage of USA save data on a European console?

2. probablygay
    OP

Jan 20, 2014
    United States
    Bumping

3. pennу

pennу Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    not 100% sure but i think some games save on your nand and game card. when you play a game like animal crossing on your usa console and then save it will save to your game card and nand, if you then switch to your eu console it can't detect your nand save so it reports an error

4. probablygay
    OP

Jan 20, 2014
    United States
    That would make sense, but do you happen to know if Smash Bros operates in a similar fashion? Is there anything I can do to work around this?

5. pennу

pennу Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    yep happens with super smash bros too, currently unavoidable but i think the problem can be fixed with tdvs but... not 100% sure

6. probablygay
    OP

Jan 20, 2014
    United States
    Could I ask you what TDVS stands for and what it accomplishes?

7. pennу

pennу Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    nobody knows for what tdvs stands for except @smealum, to what it does, it's similar to savedatafiller yet i'm not sure if that can fix the problem