Question regarding saves

pipoveolia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone,

to sum things up, i have a 9.00 ps4 and a minecraft save tied to an inactivated psn account. Is there a way to backup the save, update the ps4 and transfer it to an activated account?
The ps4 wouldn't let me backup the save because it was tied to an account, and i lost the password for the account.

Best regards

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you could with account activator and save manager. what designates the account is the param.sfo of the sce_sys folder of the decrypted save. it's encrypted as bin with pfs, so you can decrypt it to .dat with save mounter. the only thing is that I don't know if either has been updated to 9.00. both use debug.bin. if you can decrypt the save, then use account activator to make the system think that x account is activated, decrypt that while on 9.00, then inject the files outside of the sce_sys folder, then yes. you can even do this to a ps5. I don't think sony can tell the difference, since you've injected the saves and haven't messed with the account itself.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure if either the apps or the payload of debug.bin needs to be updated. probably the former. though, I know account activator freezes with goldhen on all firmwares, all versions of goldhen. save mounter works though. it's a problem with goldhen itself. it will freeze at "get users" iirc. both @Leeful and I tested it on all firmwares, all versions, so you'd need to do this without goldhen being enabled.

pipoveolia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
bith of yall got interesting response, thx.
i will consider this methode mentioned earlier as soon as all the proper tools have been updated thx

i will keep everyone in touch if a got something, because this save means a lot to me, and i never got the chance to transfer it, now might be the good one!

Reactions: godreborn

pipoveolia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay guys

Account activator has been updated to 9.00
my first question is:
Is it not enough just to activate the account then i could backup the save in an USB?
The second is:
Is there any risks of ban? if so how can i "clean" my ps4 before updating?

Thanks for the help guys

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay guys

Account activator has been updated to 9.00
my first question is:
Is it not enough just to activate the account then i could backup the save in an USB?
The second is:
Is there any risks of ban? if so how can i "clean" my ps4 before updating?

Thanks for the help guys
Yes, you can backup and restore saves. Probably very low risk at ban as this can even be done on the ps5. Haven't heard of any bans, but that doesn't mean no risk. Just format before updating.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.