Question regarding PSP Grader

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by dgwillia, Aug 12, 2008.

Aug 12, 2008
  1. dgwillia
    OP

Member dgwillia The Bacon Lover

United States
    "Turn off Your PSP, Take out the battery, Put the Memory Stick in.
    HOLD THE L TRIGGER(If you dont hold down the trigger it will just boot like normal into the XMB)
    Put the Pandora Battery in while still holding L trigger.
    You will now see a menu with 4 options.

Now press Square to make a dump of your nand. DO THIS BEFORE YOU INSTALL THE CUSTOM FIRMWARE!!!!!!!!!!
    YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COPY THE NAND IF YOUR MEMORY STICK IS 64MB IN SIZE, AS THE NAND BACKUP
    IS 66MB AND THE FILES ON THE MEMORY STICK ARE 22MB. IF YOU DO TRY TO DUMP YOUR NAND ON A 64MB
    MEMORY STICK YOU WILL CORRUPT IT
    After the PSP has finished copying the nand, it will shut itself off.

Take out the Memory Stick and Plug it into your PC and copy nand-dump.bin so you have it as a backup.

Reinsert the memory stick and the battery, hold the l trigger down again, and once it is back on, press X. When the firmware has finished installing you can take out the battery, plug in the power cable, and when you turn it back on 3.80 M33!!!"

So does it mean turn off the psp then take out the battery, then hold the L trigger while putting in the pandora battery?(i dont see how you can put the memory stick in with it already being in. And what does it mean by take out the memory stick and plug it into your pc, im using a PSP not a Memory card adaptor

2. Doomsday Forte

Member Doomsday Forte GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Well...

I think you should hold the L trigger while you're putting in the battery anyway. It's been many months since I've modded my PSP, and I seem to remember it kicking on when I put either battery in. You might as well already have the memory stick in the system since you don't need power for that.

After you do the initial step, to access the files ("take it out of your PSP and put it in your computer"), take out the Pandora battery and put in the original battery and boot it like normal. Plug it into your computer and continue from there.

Also, if you're using a Slim PSP, your screen may remain completely black the entire way through. If this is the case, don't worry, as it's still working as normal, but you will have to pay attention to the power on and drive-reading lights for your progress.

I'm not totally sure about this, but you don't even have to swap out the battery to get to the NAND file, since it should be safe on your stick, but it's just a precautionary measure. The NAND will help if you completely screw up your mod, but if you have enough confidence/foolhardiness, you can just start the system up skipping the "connect to PC" part and install the firmware.

3. dgwillia
    OP

Member dgwillia The Bacon Lover

United States
    Thanks a ton, got me a CFW now [​IMG], one more question though, if i go to network update, will it download the newest CFW?

4. alex

Member alex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Yes, 3.80 m33 and up have that new feature.