Hacking Question regarding NAND backup

benheisenberg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, relatively new to the switch modding scene, although everything runs perfectly fine now. FW 6.1 with atmosphere and hekate, games/apps run without any issues.

Though I got a question that's nagging me now. First thing I did with hekate was making the NAND backup, the big one, 30 GB in size, saved it to my pc, no problem. That was on FW 5.1 I believe. Didn't backup BOOT0 and BOOT1 though. Now after reading more (yes, should have informed myself more before starting I realize that) I read that in order to restore a full backup, you have to have BOOT0 and 1. So I backed those up, on FW 6.1 though. Does this FW version difference lead to any problems in case I have to restore my switch? Otherwise I will just make a fresh backup, this time everything on the same FW.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boot0/boot1 only change between firmwares and if you have AutoRCM enabled or not; they don't change when using any other CFW/homebrew so you can still back them up.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The bigger question is, Did you burn a fuse while updating from 5.1 to 6.1? Because if you did, your 5.1 backup is kind of useless, anyway. You might as well do the full NAND backup of 6.1 now, including boot0 and boot1. Always better be safe than sorry.

benheisenberg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The bigger question is, Did you burn a fuse while updating from 5.1 to 6.1? Because if you did, your 5.1 backup is kind of useless, anyway. You might as well do the full NAND backup of 6.1 now, including boot0 and boot1. Always better be safe than sorry.

Yup, I'm on 7 burned fuses now, and fml I should've thought of that myself. Old backup is still on 6 fuses, so as soon as I'm home I'm gonna do another backup. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: does WiiVC injector script work on aroma wiiu?