Question regarding Moonshell!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Bloodrns, Apr 17, 2009.

Apr 17, 2009
  1. Bloodrns
    OP

Newcomer Bloodrns Member

Iceland
    I just received my flashcard for my DS recently and i just want to say my gratitude towards this site. Thanks to you guys i am having the time of my life in school [​IMG]. I've discovered that Moonshell can open .txt files which is just perfect considering i don't have to buy books anymore where i can just read it from the web, but my question is: The current font of it is Japanese or something and i'm from Iceland, this screws the books up pretty bad. Is it possible to change it to something similar to my language or somewhere in that direction? [​IMG]

2. Kuschel-Drow

Member Kuschel-Drow GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Hm... do you mean those boxes or weird signs apprearing in the text, where something like ä, ö, ü or stuff should be? ^^"

As far as I know you can switch between different txt settings in moonshell. I converted all my textfiles to UTF-8 using windows before I put them on my flashkart.
    The funny thing is... that one txt reader shows no problem, the other one... well... not to mention. Some words are quite unreadable unless you like guessing the missing or changed letter...

But... didn't they say that one of the readers (Can't remember if it was Sakura or Touchpod, but it wouldn't matter much, as you hae both firmwares together nowadays) is capable of reading word files? Should be .doc then. I've never tried it, but if this should work those weird problems should be gone I guess... >.<

And then you can still have a look at the download database, there are several txt reader, even writer applications.

3. Bloodrns
    OP

Newcomer Bloodrns Member

Iceland
    Ah ok ill check up on those reading files, thanks [​IMG] . I forgot to mention that it doesnt only appear in japanese, but some of the sentences just vanish and leave one word left, isnt this a sure sign that i need to use another program than Moonshell? And could someone please direct me to a program that reads .doc or any of those kinds. It would be alot of help [​IMG]