Hacking Question regarding M3i Zero card access

SargeSmash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, this is not something I've seen addressed anywhere else, so if it has, feel free to point me to the right place.

I've noticed that the firmware for the M3i Zero is a bit choppy in its loading at times. Two examples I can think of off the top of my head are Sands of Destruction, where battle animations are very, very choppy due to what I'm guessing is SD card access, and Apollo Justice, where there is some sound distortion at times when loading from a save game. These are not problems that I see with the exact same MicroSD card on AKAIO, or on my R4. So, does anyone have any clue what is causing this? I'm almost positive it's not my MicroSDs, given the previous statement, and the fact that I get the same results with both a Class 6 Transcend 4GB card and a 2GB Japanese Kingston.

Any solutions to this would be greatly appreciated.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know the R4 and AKAIO have functions to speed up microsd access at times. Hopefully the M3 Team will improve this with future updates (they do actually add new features and such instead of just game engine updates). If you really want to play games at normal speed get a Class 6 Sandisk, Kingston, or Transcend card (Class 4 works, but from my experience Class 6 cards have almost perfect compatibility...even with games like Castlevania Portrait of Ruin or TWEWY).

SargeSmash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the problem, though. I AM using a Class 6. But I gather from your response that it's something endemic to the loader, as opposed to something with the card at this point. Hopefully this is something they'll address, because it's kind of sad when even an R4 does better at times.

I do have to admit, most of the time it's a very solid card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny