Hacking Question regarding DSTWO compatibility

kira1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I recently bought my brothers a DSTWO each, they are all fine except for one which has had several annoying issues. Here they are
1. a black top screen with a white bottom screen, the black screen shows a random series of letters and numbers.
2. the DSTWO sd card lost it's formatting and when I try to re-format it it only says 3GB instead of 8GB
3. the roms folder suffers a glitch which copies itself over and over inside each other until it goes so deep that the system freezes
4. the _DSTWO folder gets modified in a way that it is un-removable without formatting the whole SD card.
5. after formatting, while copying files the chip suddenly becomes unreadable.
As I said above, they all have the same files and yet only one suffers these issues, are they DSTWO related or SD card related and how can I stop them from happening in the future?

OSpencerO

Trophies
From Nashville, Tennessee In Knoxville, Tennessee
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It sounds to me like it is related to your microSD card.

I would backup everything on the microSD card you aren't having problems with & format it with SD Formatter 3.1.
https://www.sdcard.o..._3/sdfmt3_1.zip
Then I would put everything back on that card while still keeping the files backed up.
Now, I would try the newly formatted card in the DSTWO that you are having problems with.
If it works fine it is your microSD card if it gives you the same problems its the DSTWO.

If it is the microSD card format the microSD you originally had problems with using SD Formatter 3.1 then put everything you backed up from the working card on it.
If it works now you are safe if not you need another microSD card.

If it is the DSTWO I would try to make sure the contacts are clean & updating the firmware.
If that don't fix the problem I would buy another DSTWO or send it back to where I bought it.

I hope that helps you & you are able to fix the problem.

Thank You,

Spencer

:yaynds:

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Hello, I recently bought my brothers a DSTWO each, they are all fine except for one which has had several annoying issues. Here they are
1. a black top screen with a white bottom screen, the black screen shows a random series of letters and numbers.
2. the DSTWO sd card lost it's formatting and when I try to re-format it it only says 3GB instead of 8GB
3. the roms folder suffers a glitch which copies itself over and over inside each other until it goes so deep that the system freezes
4. the _DSTWO folder gets modified in a way that it is un-removable without formatting the whole SD card.
5. after formatting, while copying files the chip suddenly becomes unreadable.
As I said above, they all have the same files and yet only one suffers these issues, are they DSTWO related or SD card related and how can I stop them from happening in the future?

Sure sounds like a microSD problem, follow Spencers' instructions.

kira1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately, the SD card formatter can not help this problem. The SD card is beyond help and ANOTHER one will need to be purchased instead. The strange thing is that all the sd cards came from the same place and no-one else has the same issue.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Unfortunately, the SD card formatter can not help this problem. The SD card is beyond help and ANOTHER one will need to be purchased instead. The strange thing is that all the sd cards came from the same place and no-one else has the same issue.

You got unlucky there then, as a replacement may i suggest you purchase a Transcend (class6)

OSpencerO

Trophies
From Nashville, Tennessee In Knoxville, Tennessee
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm sorry to hear that Kira.

I second eyes opinion about getting a Transcend class 6 microSD card.
I have 3 8gbs currently 1 in my DSTWO, 1 in my R4i Gold 3DS & 1 in my M3DS Real. "Soon to be in my Acekard 2i 3DS"
I bought them all from Newegg however Newegg doesn't ship to Australia.

The only company I've dealt in Australia is mwave.com.au & they don't carry them however they do carry the SanDisk Mobile Ultra microSD cards.
So, I don't know where to tell you to buy a Transcend class 6 microSD card.

BTW, I think it is real cool that you bought the DSTWOs for your brothers.

Spencer

:yaynds:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-