Bobbarooskie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
Sorry for the noob question. I’m new to the DS and am interested in having it emulate commodore 64, Sega Genesis/Mastersystem, SNES. I read in several places that there are emulators that can do this, but I just want to confirm if the games can be played and if its %100 working.
I’m thinking about getting an R4 with 4gb microsdhc memory, and am going to purchase my DS in the next couple of days.

I appreciate any help, thanks in advance.

Reaper

Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I only know of NES, SNES, and NEOGEO emulators. They work somewhat well with most popular games but most have a lot of glitches and R4 doesn't support SDHC so you can only have a 2GB card. But the Cyclo is good.

dark42

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't get an R4, it's old, outdated, doesn't support SDHC, has less features and costs more than the competition. There will be no more firmware updates for it. If you can afford the CycloDS Evo go for it but I can also recommend Acekard 2, DSTT, M3 Real/iTouchDS, and Supercard DS One. All of these support SDHC (in SCDS1's case get anything newer than v1, AFAIK the newest is v3).
As for emulators SNEmulDS is the best ATM for SNES, For Genesis there is jEnesisDS and PicoDriveDS, for SMS there is dsmasterplus and DSMS. For C64 there is FrodoDS. I don't play the Sega consoles or C64 so there may be better emulators but those are the ones I know of.

Bobbarooskie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I think I’m going to go for Cyclo DS Evolution.

I have another question, in order to play GBA games do I need this?
EZ Flash 3IN1 Expansion Pack

I would like to be able to play the GBA games off a microSD card

luisrodl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes you need either the EZ Flash 3 in 1 expansion pack or if you chose the M3 DS Real there is a package that includes something called the GBA Expansion Pack that also lets you play GBA games of your microSD card. I have an Ewin Expansion pack that works very well, but I don't know they make those anymore.

Earl

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
As other people before me have suggested, get a cycloDS, the only reason not to get one in my opinion is the price, and i mean it is only 50$, which is roughly the prie of a normal game, so if you are going to be using this some, might as well invest the extra $$ to get one of the best flash carts

yikkyon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard that the Psp can emulate those even better (assuming you have one)
I also heard that picodrive has sound problems...
And I heard that cyclo ds is EXPENSIVE but it is also THE BEST out there!
If you have $$ then go for it! If your strapped on cash Then would recommend (If your careful enough) an Acekard 2!

Bobbarooskie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m definitely going to get Cyclo DS Evolution, and at this point I’m hoping the Frodo DS emulator can emulate the game Ultimate wizard. And hopefully the Sega master system emulator will work with most of the titles.

I don’t want to go the PSP route because my wife really wants a DS .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You need a Tylenol pm