Solved

AhsanMC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, I am installing a mod chip and have a question, which is If I am installing the mod chip, and I turn the switch on while I have a wire soldered to a certain point, will my switch get damaged?
For example, I solder point b, make sure it’s not shorted, then cover up the other end to prevent a short (instead of connecting it to the modchip), and then turn on the console with the battery and screen plugged into the motherboard, will this damage anything?

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it won't damage the console. I do that every time I reball the emmc, make sure the emmc is soldered on properly before proceeding with the modchip installation.

Reactions: AhsanMC

AhsanMC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it won't damage the console. I do that every time I reball the emmc, make sure the emmc is soldered on properly before proceeding with the modchip installation.
Yeah, I just finished the install and I did this for every point to make sure everything was working along each step of the way. Thank God the install went successful this time 😭

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...