Bloodlust

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I plan on purchasing the cyclods soon. Just wondering if it uses the cheat/usrcheat.dat and whether if I use a 8gb card will all the cheats be displayed if the games inside supports them. I have a R4SDHC at the moment and after the 4gb region, all the cheats for the games are specified as untitled. Thanks..

Also, do 8gb cards slow the cyclods GUI down like the DSTT?

D

Deleted User

Yes. You'll have to turn cheat mode on in the options though and then enable them. I changed from a 4GB to an 8GB and didn't notice any difference.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The CycloDS uses the "user.evoCheats" file to add cheats. Yes, all cheats will show for existing games.....pick a game, if it has cheats, it will ask if you wish to use them before you boot the game. Select yes and it will show you all the cheats for that game with full descriptions.

The only "slowdown" I've noticed with an 8gig card is that when you go to the games folder, the list might take a half-second longer to load compared an old 2gig Kingston. I imagine that is because the list is longer. Other than that, it still scrolls through the list very quickly.....almost too quick. If you get a Cyclo, you'll see what I mean. Scrolling up and down through any list in a Cyclo is VERY quick.

Since you're coming from an R4 clone, ALL the games and their .sav files will move over to the Cyclo perfectly, so you won't lose your progress in any of the games you already have. I went from a REAL R4 to the Cyclo and that's how it worked for me. ....just a fun tidbit of info....

Bloodlust

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Thanks for the feedback, I also noticed that the cheat file for cyclods is only around 1.6mb. Whereas the cheat/usrcheat is currently at 4mb+

Anyway, I already got the card. Great though quite pricey. Games seem to load a tad faster as compared to the R4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse