[Question] Possible to create/edit .bcres files?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Coleman_C18, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Coleman_C18
    OP

Coleman_C18 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 1, 2015
    United States
    I'm working on some collision/map research for ACNL and finally got around to creating a custom test acre, however I soon realized I had no way of inserting it back into the game. Animal crossings Acres are composed of .bcres files with a model and a single texture packaged together.

Are there any programs that can convert or make .bcres files out there? I've tried ohana and everyfileexplorer with no luck.
    I've put a lot of time into researching ACNL and would really hate to hit a brick wall like this.
    Any help is very much appreciated :)

neko00 likes this.
  2. GalladeGuy

GalladeGuy Freeze Kirby :3

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Right now, you can use the old Ohana3ds to edit textures, but not models. There are some (illegal) tools that can though. You need a way to convert models into .cmdl or similar, which requires Maya or 3ds Max. There are plugins for it in the tool I mentioned earlier. I can PM you a link when I get home.

Coleman_C18 likes this.
  3. Coleman_C18
    OP

Coleman_C18 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 1, 2015
    United States
    Thanks :D, I did happen to get a working method from Mew. I'll go ahead and leave it here for anyone who may have this question in the future :)

Last edited by Coleman_C18, Dec 2, 2015
    deishido likes this.
  4. GalladeGuy

GalladeGuy Freeze Kirby :3

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    I had no idea it was that easy! I saw the option and thought it was to create an .obj file, not to open one! :rofl2:

Coleman_C18 likes this.
  5. Reckitech

Reckitech Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2016
    United States
    How did you manage to put the model back into the game? When I followed these steps the model was invisible and interacting with it would freeze the game.