1. Coleman_C18

OP Coleman_C18 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm working on some collision/map research for ACNL and finally got around to creating a custom test acre, however I soon realized I had no way of inserting it back into the game. Animal crossings Acres are composed of .bcres files with a model and a single texture packaged together.

Are there any programs that can convert or make .bcres files out there? I've tried ohana and everyfileexplorer with no luck.
    I've put a lot of time into researching ACNL and would really hate to hit a brick wall like this.
    Any help is very much appreciated :)

neko00 likes this.
  2. GalladeGuy

GalladeGuy Cool and Epic

United States
    Right now, you can use the old Ohana3ds to edit textures, but not models. There are some (illegal) tools that can though. You need a way to convert models into .cmdl or similar, which requires Maya or 3ds Max. There are plugins for it in the tool I mentioned earlier. I can PM you a link when I get home.

Coleman_C18 likes this.
  3. Coleman_C18

OP Coleman_C18 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thanks :D, I did happen to get a working method from Mew. I'll go ahead and leave it here for anyone who may have this question in the future :)

Last edited by Coleman_C18, Dec 2, 2015
    deishido likes this.
  4. GalladeGuy

GalladeGuy Cool and Epic

United States
    I had no idea it was that easy! I saw the option and thought it was to create an .obj file, not to open one! :rofl2:

Coleman_C18 likes this.
  5. Reckitech

Reckitech Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    How did you manage to put the model back into the game? When I followed these steps the model was invisible and interacting with it would freeze the game.

Yoni Arousement likes this.
  6. Illeatyourdonut

Newcomer

United States
    Hey i'm still trying to figure out the instructions that are here, Are you using the old ohana if so could you dm me the old installer i cant fin dit

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Question], Possible, create