[QUESTION] Pokemon Prism saves and updates

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Romruto, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Romruto
    OP

Romruto GBAtemp Fan

Jul 31, 2007
    United States
    So currently I have "Pokemon Prism 0.94 Build 0201" on my 3ds. However I just updated the Pokemon Prism game. But before I did that, I used SAVFILER to export my savedata. So now, I have the newer build of PRISM, Version 0.94 Build 0222; same Title ID and Product Code. I imported the backed up save game. As I loaded POKEMON PRISM, and continued, it wouldn't allow me. It said I must update the save file by going to the website listed on screen. At this point, I thought to myself, oh this may be simple enough.

I went into the /filer/UserSaveData/20170914013823/000097fd/ FOLDER for the "sav.dat" file.
    I renamed the "sav.dat" to "sav.sav".
    I visited the website, chose in correct file on INPUT FILE.
    Then on the same website, chose the correct build 0.94 Build 0222.bsp file.
    Clicked [BEGIN PATCHING]

Patch succeeded! [Get file]
    The savefile was patched successfully.
    Yes
    The savefile corresponds to build 0201. Patch to the current build?
    Yes
    The input file seems to be a savefile. Do you want to patch a savefile to the latest version?
    *** Pokémon Prism patch (version 0.94, build 0222) ***

Downloaded the updated sav.sav
    Loaded the 0.94 build 0222.gbc on VisualBoyAdvance.
    And selected CONTINUE.
    It loads fine!

I then take the updated "sav.sav" and rename it back to "sav.dat" and copied it rewriting it into
    I next used VisualBoyAdvance1.8.0-beta3 emulator to load the /filer/UserSaveData/20170914013823/000097fd/ FOLDER.
    Loaded it, and it says ERROR, CORRUPTED file.

My Question is, how do I update my savedata with the latest PRISM builds? Without corrupting or losing my Save.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice