Question on Flashcarts

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Jamio88, Jan 26, 2011.

Jan 26, 2011

Question on Flashcarts by Jamio88 at 6:18 PM (1,138 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. Jamio88
    OP

Newcomer Jamio88 Advanced Member

United States
    Hey Guys & Gals.

So, when I had my old DS lite I also had the M3DS Real (With Rumble Pack). Now this worked great for DS roms (Who wants to carry around 100 actual DS cards, right).

The only problem I had with the M3DS Real is that it would not allow me to backup my GBA Games.

Now onto my question, I ordered a new DS lite on Monday, and since I once again don't want to carry around all my DS or GBA games, Which Flash cart should I get that will allow me to run both my DS and GBA backups?

I really liked the M3DS Real, but it would not allow me to backup my GBA Roms. Also keep in mind, I would like a flash cart build specifically for the DS lite (I don't want a Slot 2 that sticks out of the DS, would like it to be flush).

So, what would you guys & gals recommend as a great flash cart that would also let me play my GBA backups?

Thanks in advance for any and all recommendations,
    -James

2. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    I believe the M3 Slot-2 card is for the DS Lite. Not sure if you can buy it separately though.

Alternatively, you can get the Supercard DSTWO which plays GBA games through an emulator without a Slot-2 device.

3. Jamio88
    OP

United States
    Well after reading online and on here, I have decided to go with the DSTwo. I found a site that sells it for $34.50, which seems like a fair price to me based on all that it can do.

My last questoin is (since I have been out of the "flash cart loop" for a while now), my last cart was the M3DS Real, and I had plenty of room for my games on a 1gig MS, so with this would a 2gig MS suffice, or should I go for something bigger? I currently have 70 DS games and 30 GBA games (give or take, and always adding more). Granted I don't ned them all to fit on the memory stick at once, but I also don't want to have to swap them around every other day.

4. doyama

Member doyama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    You can also go for an Acekard2 in conjunction with a EZFlash 3-in-1

5. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States

get a 8GB card, it's always better to have extra space for stuff
    an 8gb class 6 usually go for around $20-$25 online

but I guess in your case a 4GB will work

6. zizer

Member zizer GBAtemp Addict

i have 32Gb kingston class4 and no free space ....

7. doyama

Member doyama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I can't imagine trying to fill up a 32GB with purely NDS games. Unless you're trying to watch ever single episode of Naruto in that weird NDS video format, you'll be hard pressed to fill 32GB and be ACTIVELY PLAYING all of them. [​IMG]

8. Jamio88
    OP

United States
    I am figuring that I could do just fine with a 4gb, however, I am gonna go with an 8gb just to play it safe

Plus I have a lot of DS & GBA games, and don't want to play switch-a-roo every other day like I did with my M3DS.

9. Pyrmon

Member Pyrmon Burnin' Monkey Love

Canada
    What site are you ordering from?
    Take note DSTWO GBA emulation isn't perfect and will have a few slowdowns and such.

10. Jamio88
    OP

United States
    I had planned on grabbing this one here:

http://www.dscartshop.com/supercard-dstwo-...xlll_p4245.html

However, I am open to any and all helpful suggestions. I am not even set on this cart per say, just so far its the one I have read the best things about.

I just want something that will run my DS backups (My actual backups, I like having cases to look at so I still buy my games) and my GBA Backups (again same thing....what can I say, Im a geek) near perfection.

I don't mind a little slow down every now and then, but im not trying to play at like 30fps. If it is all chopped and glitchy then count me out.

So if you have any suggestions on a better cart or a better place to get it let me know please and thanks,
    --James

11. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    ez iv or the 3in1 will give you a 1:1 gba experience as they are running the rom using the actual gba hardware found in the slot-2 of your ds lite. with the ez iv you can do more but you'll need a mini-sd card. my favorite combination these days is an acekard 2.1, 8gb transcend class6 microsd card, and an ez 3in1. the ismart mm is a great card as well and has the same gba emu that was made for the iplayer (it is actually the iplayer sold as an OEM design, further more the ismart mm is supported by supercard). the scds2 does a lot of fun stuff but will eat a bit more battery life than the average slot-1 flash card.

you really don't have many other choices as none of the companies are really making slot-2 flash kits any longer. any of the old slot-2 kits you will pay a lot for because they were made SO well that people don't want to give them up.

-another world

12. mehmed

Newcomer mehmed Advanced Member

Netherlands
    Hello, I have a dsi xl. I bought a r4-pro. But there update doesn't work. They have a firmware update on their site to let wood firware work. But it doesn't work. I can't play the latest games. The last original firmware is from october 2010. Should i buy a new card? Money is no problem. I am going to use it for playing ds games. Nothing else. But i want to play the latest games fast. Any help?

13. boktor666

Member boktor666 Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!

Netherlands
    It's fake. Look on the webpage for more info, but I doubt it will ever work. Wood is only made for r4i GOLD , find that one on the Wood pages on GBAtemp. Best option: get a new one. Suggested: AK2i, DSTWO, or, as said, r4igold thing from the wood r4 thread, be sure to look it up before you do anything.

14. zizer

Member zizer GBAtemp Addict

http://gbatemp.net/t276151-the-beginner-s-...o-ds-flashcarts

15. rave420

Member rave420 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    when using the NDS-GBA emulator on the SCDS2, keep in mind that the emulator will show max. 30 games in it's list.

That means if you want to carry around 100 game backups, and be able to play them all, you are shit out of luck when it comes to using the SCDS2. The emulator is great otherwise.

16. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    How about putting them in different directories?