Hacking [QUESTION] Installing .cia files without SD Card?

Vanmonky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I'm sorry for asking such a noob question, but recently I found out that the only way to install the .cia files is by copying it to the SD card from the 3DS, which means that I have to open up the back of the 3DS. And it's frustrating knowing that every time I have a new game, I need to deal with the bolts and the case. It's so different when I have a DS. I only need to plug out the memory, plug it in to my PC and transfer the .ds game i just downloaded.

Is there any other way to install the .cia file without pulling out the SD card? I'm using 6.1 Luma 3DS, autoboot on my New 3DS XL.

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sorry for asking such a noob question, but recently I found out that the only way to install the .cia files is by copying it to the SD card from the 3DS, which means that I have to open up the back of the 3DS. And it's frustrating knowing that every time I have a new game, I need to deal with the bolts and the case. It's so different when I have a DS. I only need to plug out the memory, plug it in to my PC and transfer the .ds game i just downloaded.

Is there any other way to install the .cia file without pulling out the SD card? I'm using 6.1 Luma 3DS, autoboot on my New 3DS XL.
You can do a wireless SD card transfer in system settings. The games will take a bit longer to transfer, but you won't have to remove the back cover. As other people said, you can use freeShop to download and install CIAs.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also use CIAngel to download games as well. Can't believe people forgot about that program considering you can create .cia files to install later on and also download/install updates/dlc without having the game.

Reactions: GilgameshArcher

merhabaq

Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
I've tried with games over 2GB (Yokai Watch 2) without problems, be sure that your IP direction is selected sometimes there could be like 3 of them, so only select the local ip (generally 192.168.0.X).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: both of which work well in potplayer