Hacking question help needed with ESP32-S2 device

tommy28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HI i have got a question which i need help with right i just watched modded warfares youtube video it is this one
Auto Load PS4 Jailbreak with ESP32-S2 on a 9.00 PS4

i have watched the whole video and modded warfare AND HE says THAT you need a ESP32-S2 one of theses tiny S2 OR NEO FETHERS2 OR FEATHERS2 he does say you can buy theses off amazon the link to buy them is in the youtube video that is not a problem. cos i i have bought one of theses the problem is when he does the video and the bit after he has flashed it with the bin file he does the ps4 setup and the bit is when he sets up the internet connection on the ps4. and sets up the wifi for this ESP32-S2 device and it is when he says after he sets up the karo that bit he clicks on the easy setup and it is this bit which is the problem. he does not set up the ip the primary dns bit in the video he goes throgh the karo bit he says that if you are asked for a password type in 12345678
so do you have to do the ip bit. cos most of the other ways you have to set up a custom way but in this youtube video you just set up the easy way so do you have to do the ip primary dns bit set up bit cos modded warfrare does not show you that bit in the video. so is the video right is that all you have to do or is modded warfare missing a bit out.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
he doesnt need to set up ip and dns becaus his esp works as a offline hotspot

there 2 ways how esp devices are used to exploit :

-like a offline hotspot (shown in this video)

-like a httpserver where you need to set up ip and dns

tommy28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oh right then so i dont need to set anything up then cos i have bought one of theses ESP32-S2 device so i just need to set it up i have not done that yet the other esp ones you have to set up a dns. but this one modded warfare does not show you and also you dont need a usb stick formatted you just need one of theses ESP32-S2 device and the bin file in his youtube video then flash it. and it is a lot easier than the other esp ones cos it loads up straight away so that is why i bought one of theses.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yes it should be in general very easy to setup just flash the bin. file with the right poperty on to your esp 8266/esp32-s2
-then power on your esp device
-on the ps4 network setting you will find your esp device as a network
-connect to that network with the login wich is provided where you got your bin file (mostlikely 123456789 or qwertyuiop)
-then go to ps4 settings and open the userguide
- and your exploitpage should be loading

afaik you always need a usb with the exfathax image (if your techsavy you could modify your esp to autoload the exfathax but you will need a compatible usb hub + atleast a little training in soldering)

MrMongoloid

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ive just pulled my ps4 pro out of the draw (finally!!!) and jailbroken it yesterday using this exact method... just to expand a bit on what rantex said...

the password if using the karo bin file as recommended in the modded warfare video is 12345678 by default
you definitely DONT still need a usb flashed with the exfathax image... karo does it automatically...

ive personally been having problems with one of the provided bin files (its the one not in a folder- that auto loads gold hen after the exfat hack completes) for some reason the network drops off constantly with that version so im using the same one MW is using, where it auto loads exfathack but you have to click goldhen yourself... no biggie... im on the lookout now to try some other hosters next. but for now its working peachy :)

i can confirm that this method is awesome though... simply flash the bin to the esp32 s2 (im using the feather s2) then connect to the karo netwok that appears... then go to userguide ... then click gold hen (the way i have it set up) ... thats it youre jailbroken...

you can set up the device so that it isnt its own network but rather connects to your router an is accessible through the web browser but the way ive been using it ... once jailbroken.. i can enable the "disable updates" payload - then make sure ive unchecked all the options in system regarding updates etc.. and then switch to my normal internet if i need to say download something from the homebrew store or whatever.. for the most part the ps4 will remain offline so i didnt see the point in messing with the dns settings.

if you did want to set up the device as accessible through the web browser - you could use the dns settings from the standard usb exfathax method from MW here ()

those dns settings are ...
DNS Addresses: 192.241.221.79

its so awesome that as soon as id done it yesterday i ordered a 5tb seagate drive to shuck from amazon and today i took a dremel to my ps4 hard drive tray and the metal casing above it so now it fits the 15mm drive quite nicely with only minimal bulge! 4.5tb total storage space on board now!

hope this was of some help to ya! have fun

Reactions: rantex92

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ive just pulled my ps4 pro out of the draw (finally!!!) and jailbroken it yesterday using this exact method... just to expand a bit on what rantex said...

the password if using the karo bin file as recommended in the modded warfare video is 12345678 by default
you definitely DONT still need a usb flashed with the exfathax image... karo does it automatically...

ive personally been having problems with one of the provided bin files (its the one not in a folder- that auto loads gold hen after the exfat hack completes) for some reason the network drops off constantly with that version so im using the same one MW is using, where it auto loads exfathack but you have to click goldhen yourself... no biggie... im on the lookout now to try some other hosters next. but for now its working peachy :)

i can confirm that this method is awesome though... simply flash the bin to the esp32 s2 (im using the feather s2) then connect to the karo netwok that appears... then go to userguide ... then click gold hen (the way i have it set up) ... thats it youre jailbroken...

you can set up the device so that it isnt its own network but rather connects to your router an is accessible through the web browser but the way ive been using it ... once jailbroken.. i can enable the "disable updates" payload - then make sure ive unchecked all the options in system regarding updates etc.. and then switch to my normal internet if i need to say download something from the homebrew store or whatever.. for the most part the ps4 will remain offline so i didnt see the point in messing with the dns settings.

if you did want to set up the device as accessible through the web browser - you could use the dns settings from the standard usb exfathax method from MW here ()

those dns settings are ...
DNS Addresses: 192.241.221.79

its so awesome that as soon as id done it yesterday i ordered a 5tb seagate drive to shuck from amazon and today i took a dremel to my ps4 hard drive tray and the metal casing above it so now it fits the 15mm drive quite nicely with only minimal bulge! 4.5tb total storage space on board now!

hope this was of some help to ya! have fun

yeah my information about the need for an usb was a littlebit outdatet

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
in the link from the video, 'Karo's ESP32-S2 Host', there are several ESP32S2.....bin files, are you saying I can just flash those onto the esp8266?
No there are speacial esp8266 verions of thoose bin files but esp8266 will still need an usb + i would recommend u searchin for (leeful/stooged) esp8266 bin files

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Dude just shat himself.