masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Someone tryed to edit the gameuserini ?

There is a bunch of options to tweak the graphics, but when i change, nothing happens.:unsure:
From my tests it's practically not used except for few things you can set from settings (it's even resetting language based on console's system language at each boot).
At each game boot those settings are rewritten using file inside pak:
Gameface\Content\Common\Settings\DefaultSettingsFiles\Defaults_Console_Switch.uexp

For example at 0x110 you can find float16 0x428C which is ResolutionPercent=70.0
Changing it to 0x42C8 will rewrite your config to have it at 100.0
But it will still render at lower resolution. So my guess is this config except for few things that can be set in settings cannot changed via this config file.

jnl1

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Understood, makes sense.
In the other thread someone said:
"the actual config file its pulling from is most likely inside the .pak files"

pascalzera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
From my tests it's practically not used except for few things you can set from settings (it's even resetting language based on console's system language at each boot).
At each game boot those settings are rewritten using file inside pak:
Gameface\Content\Common\Settings\DefaultSettingsFiles\Defaults_Console_Switch.uexp

For example at 0x110 you can find float16 0x428C which is ResolutionPercent=70.0
Changing it to 0x42C8 will rewrite your config to have it at 100.0
But it will still render at lower resolution. So my guess is this config except for few things that can be set in settings cannot changed via this config file.
Thx for the answer, i understood, so , no way we can change gfx in this game?

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
im interested in this topic too and im also wondering if we can improve the fps
Tried moving to internal storage, disabled ResolutionPercent which for some reason forced rendering in ~360p (?) and disabled antialias which mainly resulted in small graphical glitches. It got slightly more stable, but still it could drop to 25 FPS with no apparent reason and frameskips are still pretty often at 1785/460/1600
I'm not touching this anymore as game seems to be fundamentally broken. If someone wants to check my patch, I'm adding it to attachments. It's for GTA 3 1.0.2

Maybe ecl0674 will find something to make it more playable.

Attachments

• GTA3-demake.zip
    363 bytes · Views: 54

neoware1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Tried moving to internal storage, disabled ResolutionPercent which for some reason forced rendering in ~360p (?) and disabled antialias which mainly resulted in small graphical glitches. It got slightly more stable, but still it could drop to 25 FPS with no apparent reason and frameskips are still pretty often.
I'm not touching this anymore as game seems to be fundamentally broken. If someone wants to check my patch, I'm adding it to attachments. It's for GTA 3 1.0.2

hi sir.
can u create a GTASA unlock 60fps patch.
im try edizon to change unlock 60fps not working.

whitesword7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh. I'm not interested in games that don't even hold 30 FPS with OC well.
this is the only game that I've tried still stutter this badly even after using 1224 cpu, 460 gpu and 1600 memory..... even AC3 run more smoothly if you use that setting.

also on 1224 cpu my switch becomes too hot that it makes it uncomfortable to play on handheld mode that i have to lower it to 1122 cpu

butawsky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kyrgyzstan
Tried moving to internal storage, disabled ResolutionPercent which for some reason forced rendering in ~360p (?) and disabled antialias which mainly resulted in small graphical glitches. It got slightly more stable, but still it could drop to 25 FPS with no apparent reason and frameskips are still pretty often at 1785/460/1600

thankyou i will try this..right now im playing san andreas,maybe you have a file like this for sa too?

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

the thing that is ruining all three games performance is the fact these games have always run like shit when compressed because they are constantly streaming files but yet they decided to compress all three games into .pak files anyway

SYLOK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
He's working on it, actually. Already has some results
unknown.png

Reactions: Sidnei

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
How do you even unlock those graphics settings it so amazing what modders can do those days!
In multiplatform games usually all platforms have the same options defined in main options file with specific per platform info which options should not be showed. Just find what is defining visibility and override it.

Last edited by masagrator,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.