Hacking [QUESTION] Gamestop refurbished?

FrozenDragon150

Notorious Coffee Drinker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I apologize in advance if I shouldn't ask about this in this section, but I felt like it had more relevancy here.

Has anyone bought New Nintendo 3DSes refurbished from Gamestop? If so, does Gamestop update the consoles' firmware?

I ask because I want to upgrade to N3DS, but it'll REALLY suck if I get one that can't be haxxored.

Sorry, and thanks in advance.

EDIT: Crap.

Alternatively, has anyone bought a new N3DS from there? If so, what firmware do they generally come with?

Last edited by FrozenDragon150,

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
From what I've heard they do a System Format, this prompts internet connection, which in turn will prompt an update.

You're better off buying a new one, I bought a brand new N3DS from Walmart yesterday and it was on 9.6, obviously the first thing I did was install A9LH :)

HNI_0041.JPG
HNI_0042.JPG
HNI_0044.JPG
HNI_0045.JPG

Last edited by DeathChaos,

Trill Spector

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gamestop updates all of their consoles as part of the refurbishment process, however your store may have a console that was refurbished prior to the release of 10.7. however i would advise you purchase a new one to avoid any risk

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Oh yeah, something everybody seems to forget to mention.

make sure you already have a 3DS charger or purchase one if you don't (DSI chargers work too), because the N3DS doesn't come with a charger.

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Simply say you want to test out the N3DS Before you buy it. They will give it to you to see if it turns on, etc. and see condition etc. they won't say no.

I tried that at gamestop before. I had a bitch clerk who wouldn't let me turned it on after convincing her so many times that I need to test the refurbished model before I should buy it. She then gives excuses like normally it will not turned on because the battery is already drained and everything should be in working order regardless. Well, I said let's try anyway, it turns on and I'm greeted with "nintendo language selection screen". From there, she would not let me progress any further stating that it turns on and it works, now do you want to buy it. It's like she knows, I wanted to checkout the firmware of the system.

Last edited by cooroxd,

BruceJackieJetLeeLiChan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I tried that at gamestop before. I had a bitch clerk who wouldn't let me turned it on after convincing her so many times that I need to test the refurbished model before I should buy it. She then gives excuses like normally it will not turned on because the battery is already drained and everything should be in working order regardless. Well, I said let's try anyway, it turns on and I'm greeted with "nintendo language selection screen". From there, she would not let me progress any further stating that it turns on and it works, now do you want to buy it. It's like she knows, I wanted to checkout the firmware of the system.

Gamestops like that will lose business. I had a gamestop like that, I bought Guitar Hero 2 back in the day. Then returned it. Game was like 55$ and guitar was 70$. Both used BTW. And they lied and said you can't return something over 80$. So I went to the gamestop down the street and return it. A few months later the gamestop that wouldn't let me return it closed down.

CloudStrife1901

Trophies
XP
Country
Whenever i go into a game store (GAME) in the UK, I always ask to see what firmware the used systems are on and they show me without any problems, i say it's for homebrew purposes and other future developments,

IzeC0ld

N$K867
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah Gamestop, we have a eb games and they let you see the model and the clerk working there let me do a test run (He was my older friend and some clerks are nice and some clerks can be bat shit and don't let you see even the console) i bought a o3ds on 9.9 fw from eb games, but that was like a year ago, so...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I even got my xbox from there. The clerk said it was a slim and it had memory storage. Guess what, it was the 1st gen xbox 360's (the fat one) and it comes with no memory storage(extra pricey $$$ eb games scammers) and it has no wireless adapter, how am i gonna get online(the port for the internet cord is somehow broken) and i can't return it because of that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @K3Nv2 you should get VR then