Question: extract save files from xbox one hard disk

solt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.
I am looking for a way to extract and decrypt save files from my Xbox.

So far i have found the corresponding file from the hard drive and managed to back it up into my windows machine.

But I don't know anything about the format or how to extract plain files from it.
I read about it on xboxoneresearch.github.io but I'm too dumb to understand it.

i have tools and skills necessary to do a nand dump using the torus tutorial method But I dont know if it's needed or not.

So if you guys can help me or have any information on this, I would appreciate it. Love you guys <3

context:
I used to play project spark but i didn't have a pc at that time.
now that i have one, the game is not for sale and cloud sync wont work.
the only reason I kept the xbox is for my spark maps.
I managed to crack the pc version with help of one of my friends and now I'm trying to transfer my saves.
I'm speculating but I'm pretty sure their save formats are intercompatible.
But there is only one way to find out.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.

So far i have found the corresponding file from the hard drive and managed to back it up into my windows machine.

But I don't know anything about the format or how to extract plain files from it.

i have tools and skills necessary to do a nand dump using the torus tutorial method But I dont know if it's needed or not.

So if you guys can help me or have any information on this, I would appreciate it. Love you guys <3

context:
I managed to crack the pc version with help of one of my friends and now I'm trying to transfer my saves.
I could be wrong but from my understanding there isn’t a publicly known way to do anything like this (accessing and using saves)

Years ago there was a program called vision or something similar that swore their method was unpatchable…it got fixed within a week and the tool was never updated again despite the developers promising it would be fixed

Edit: it was vantage https://www.thetechgame.com/Downloads/id=34886/vantage-xbox-one-mod-tool.html

Reactions: BigOnYa

ThaddeusShaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting your Xbox One game saves onto your PC is pretty tricky because of how Microsoft secures and organizes those files. When you move those saves over to your computer, they're probably still locked up in a way that makes them hard to open or use somewhere else. This is all because Xbox uses its own special system to keep these files safe and in a format that isn't easy for other devices to read. From what I've seen and understand, cracking into these files to make them work on another platform isn't straightforward at all.

NotStupidAhaAha

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

context:
Download ADV File Explorer, you can access some saves and there are lots of Minecraft tutorials out there and I might just work for Project Spark.

solt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so far nothing.
i tried some file managers and none of them could get into the folder that stores all of the save files for other games.
but i have found something.
do you guys know anything about this?
[cant post links. xvdtool from emoose in github]
I don't know what it does or how to get it working but if you guys share what you know about this it would be nice.

NotStupidAhaAha

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so far nothing.
i tried some file managers and none of them could get into the folder that stores all of the save files for other games.
but i have found something.
do you guys know anything about this?
[cant post links. xvdtool from emoose in github]
I don't know what it does or how to get it working but if you guys share what you know about this it would be nice.
Nah it can’t decrypt anything. It’s been around for a long time. PS you have to make the folders.

Kolina2901

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Anyone even know how to access the saves on disk, even if it's encrypted? Tried my luck with ADVExplorer but didn't get super far, though that was a long while back.

solt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone even know how to access the saves on disk, even if it's encrypted? Tried my luck with ADVExplorer but didn't get super far, though that was a long while back.
To my current knowledge, there are partitions inside the xbox one hard disk. I opened mine and connected it to my pc.
I found out that every game has a ID and there are only 2 files with the given ID.
One is roughly the same size of the game and the other one is much smaller.
So it's safe to assume one is data and the other one is the save files.
I looked into the xvdtool and tried somethings but gave up since it required some kind of key or something (don't remember)
I'm planning to nand dump my Xbox later to see if I can get a key out of it too. When I do I'll be uploading it to archive org and posting a link here for educational purposes.
to my knowledge those 2 files are a proprietary container type file with half documented headers.
Since the extracting of files like this steps into the piracy grey zone, not much people have put effort into it I assume.
So That's all I know so far.

vbi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saves are stored in ConnectedStorage-retail (XVD) stored on the "Temp" partition for legacy but for Series X/S it'll be on System Support. It's per-console encrypted and no way to get keys at the moment.

Unfortunately, you can't access the ConnectedStorage on retail via typical file explorer since junctions aren't enabled for UWP apps.

Kolina2901

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Saves are stored in ConnectedStorage-retail (XVD) stored on the "Temp" partition for legacy but for Series X/S it'll be on System Support. It's per-console encrypted and no way to get keys at the moment.

Unfortunately, you can't access the ConnectedStorage on retail via typical file explorer since junctions aren't enabled for UWP apps.
Is it not even viewable in Dev mode?

vbi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it not even viewable in Dev mode?
No, developer mode uses different per-boot derived keys so it can't decrypt the retail version of it in dev mode. If I remember right, the "ConnectedStorage" without the "-retail" is the Developer Scratch mounted to D:\ while in Developer Mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto