Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkenedMatter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was curious if anyone knew if someone was working on a translation for this game or if it was even possible? It doesn't have to be all dialogue in game. Just character names, items and that's pretty much it.

The game is fairly easy to play without needing to read it but it would be nice to know what stuff is called when the US release drops so I can already be familiar with the villagers and items.

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
I was curious if anyone knew if someone was working on a translation for this game or if it was even possible? It doesn't have to be all dialogue in game. Just character names, items and that's pretty much it.

The game is fairly easy to play without needing to read it but it would be nice to know what stuff is called when the US release drops so I can already be familiar with the villagers and items.
Is it already possible to play (modified) Vita Dumps? o.o

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
People have been making patches for certain games that have been censored, yes. What exactly they did to do so? No clue.

In that scenario they most likely just took files from the JPN game or whatever is version is not censored and replaced the censored files, nothing complicated about that.

When it comes to translation chances are it can be done, question is, is someone willing to make the tools since the VITA scene only just seems to be kicking off there will be various image formats/file compression and such that we simply don't have tools for.

I recall seeing a list of some games that are being working on already, I don't believe this was one, only games that come to mind atm are PSO2/NOVA since they team behind the translation of PSO2 on PC are looking at them.

DarkenedMatter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In that scenario they most likely just took files from the JPN game or whatever is version is not censored and replaced the censored files, nothing complicated about that.

When it comes to translation chances are it can be done, question is, is someone willing to make the tools since the VITA scene only just seems to be kicking off there will be various image formats/file compression and such that we simply don't have tools for.

I recall seeing a list of some games that are being working on already, I don't believe this was one, only games that come to mind atm are PSO2/NOVA since they team behind the translation of PSO2 on PC are looking at them.

Yeah I looked into it and it was actually a matter of the files were already there that were uncensored they just needed a patch to remove whatever was set in place for it to uncensor it.

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game is being released in the US in a month. There's really no need to make a fan translation at this point.

Reactions: MarkDarkness

DarkenedMatter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game is being released in the US in a month. There's really no need to make a fan translation at this point.

If you read what I typed I never even asked for a fan translation which usually dictates for the whole game to be translated and your post just seems ignorant.

I clearly stated villager names and items to be translated if anything at all. It is very obvious I knew the game came out soon for US.

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you read what I typed I never even asked for a fan translation which usually dictates for the whole game to be translated and your post just seems ignorant.

I clearly stated villager names and items to be translated if anything at all. It is very obvious I knew the game came out soon for US.

Again, why would anyone bother translating this game, even if it's just a few names, when it's being released in a month? If anything, you're the only one being ignorant here. Do you think you can snap your fingers and boom! the names NPC and villages are translated? Fan translation takes time: you have to literally hack the game to put your own text in it. Not to mention the actual translation itself. Therefore, it's best suited for games which are not coming out in the West, or at least haven't been announced to come out yet.

As you said, you clearly expect someone to invest their time and effort in translating a few names just so you can play the game a month earlier, which is incredibly selfish and entitled. Your ignorance is staggering. Wait a bloody month and play the game in English or play it now in Japanese, which, by your own words, isn't that hard to decypher.

DarkenedMatter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you all want to continue to shit post on my thread feel free. I've already asked for moderators to delete it, isn't my fault they're slow.

It isn't hard to do and I even said I would do it as long as someone points me in the right direction. There isn't even a lot of items or villagers in the game. You guys are just cry baby white knights as per usual.

Like lmao, are you guys literally retarded? It started out as a fucking question. Not a god damn demand. If none of you are fluent in the English language and have no clue what I typed? Don't comment.

I didn't type in another language it isn't hard to understand I wasn't acting entitled nor ignorant you guys are literally misusing half of the whole english language at this point trying to sound like hard asses.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This made my day.
Feel free to show me how hard it is then?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That escalated quickly. And if you want help with hacking, ask nicely. It helps.

I didn't even ask for help Cinnamon. I asked if anyone knew how hard it would be to just edit villager names and items and if anyone was doing it.

Does anyone read threads before they post? I honestly can say I have to question the IQ of everyone other than you Cinnamon.

I never once asked for anyone to do anything for me. I never even acted like I wanted someone to help me do it if I was to do it.

Everyone is just giving Goloki hand jobs because this forum is nothing but a big circle jerk and it's why I quit even bothering posting.

Where is the moderation in this post? Goloki clearly shit posted and doesn't even properly know how to speak English because he misinterpreted the entire fucking point of the post.

I have already reported posts that want to keep blatantly trashing my thread at this point and I rightfully so have a reason to be upset with the lack of moderation when I am reporting posts.

I just want people to go ahead and quote me on where I did any of the things Goloki mentioned?

Last edited by DarkenedMatter,

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you all want to continue to shit post on my thread feel free. I've already asked for moderators to delete it, isn't my fault they're slow.
It's not like we live on this website just to close stuff at our users' whim or to moderate things as soon as someone throws a temper tantrum.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Ready to just leave tis place anyway. The amount of shit talking and bullying behavior that goes...