Hacking [Question] Delete MSET exploit in New 3DS

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't just delete it... You have downgraded your system settings to a previous version where the c button and super stable 3D options didn't exist...

To go back, you have to install the cia file from your right system settings.

You can get it at that iso website.

D

Deleted-236924

0004001000021000.cia in the 9.0-9.2 update pack

It can be installed with FBI (might need to delete the old one first) or sysupdater

http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Title_list#00040010_-_System_Applications

Alternatively you could probably restore nand backup that you obviously (:P) made when first setting up CFW using GW Launcher, if GW's nand restore feature supports N3DS. Decrypt9 should be able to restore nand backup too.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted-236924

Actually DevMenu might be able to do it too, hadn't thought of that.
Since you are replacing an older version with a newer one it might not complain too much that a higher version already exists.
IIRC though DevMenu doesn't really deal with system titles, can't be used to remove system titles, so that's why people use FBI if they need to replace a system title. Usually with an older version though, maybe replacing an older version with a newer one won't throw any errors.

Also you are using an european console? You'd need 0004001000022000.cia in the 9.0.0-20E update pack then (9.1.0-20E and 9.2.0-20E would work too as they all have the same system settings app.)
I assumed you were using a north american one since your flag said USA, I guess maybe you could also just have left it as default location since it defaults to USA. Either way.

I believe to restore nand backup with GW Launcher you would have to hold Up on the Downgrade option or something. I'd just recommend using Decrypt9 though because it directly has an option to restore nand backup to sysnand.

Last edited by ,

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi! I'd like delete mset exploit because i can't change own configuration settings of New 3ds as c button or stable 3d. Is it possible? Thanks

what do you mean by this? so the C stick and stable 3D is forever gone if you have MSET on?

D

Deleted-236924

what do you mean by this? so the C stick and stable 3D is forever gone if you have MSET on?
If you have 4.x or 6.x system settings app yeah, because they don't have the options to calibrate c-stick and the eye-tracking 3D.

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you have 4.x or 6.x system settings app yeah, because they don't have the options to calibrate c-stick and the eye-tracking 3D.

wait, so it's just the calibration that's gone? the features still work right? also what happens if i create an emunand after installing MSET to sysnand? i made my emunand before i installed mset, now i'm worried if my emunand goes bonkers, i'll be screwed.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
You can always rebuild the 9.2 mset and install it to the sd card. Or rebuild it as a CCI even. (someone may have already done it on 'that other site')

D

Deleted-236924

If you created emunand after downgrading system settings on sysnand, then your emunand has the downgraded system settings app.
You can change it back to 9.0 system settings by the esame method, downloading the .cia for system settings 9.0 (you'll probably have to download the full update pack and pick out the specific .cia) and install it to emunand over the old system settings.

I don't think you'd really be screwed if your emunand went bonkers though. How would you be screwed? You could just create a new emunand or restore a backup :P

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
would the c-stick and 3d work though if you have downgraded mset? or is it just the calibration settings that disappear?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
You can always rebuild the 9.2 mset and install it to the sd card. Or rebuild it as a CCI even. (someone may have already done it on 'that other site')
Indeed someone did. Thread title is "[MEGA] System Settings SD Edition (USA)"

D

Deleted-236924

You're saying you updated emunand to 9.5 using the full 9.5 update pack and it kept the 4.x system settings anyway?
And when you installed 9.x system settings in emunand it actually bricked it?
Forget everything I've said, then.

D

Deleted-236924

Well if you installed mset v9220 on your 9.5 emunand, that's the system settings app from 9.6 and onwards so it's possible it may cause issues, yes.
For 9.0-9.5 you have to use 0004001000022000 v8202, which is not on 3DNUS anymore. You have to pull it from the 9.0/9.1/9.2 .cia update pack.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Tandem even
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released