Homebrew [Question] Delete Ironfall or not?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if you really are so tight on space, get a bigger sd card. those 300something mb of ironfall wont get you far anyway.
and it easier to get a new sd before downgrading and making emunand. (after that, it becomes more complicated than just copying everthing from one sd to the other)

while you dont really need it after downgrade, there's little reson not to keep it just in case.
after downgrading, you can use old browserhax and then install menuhax again for your new firmware

pingas123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh well. I'll delete Ironfall to install Pokémon Alpha Sapphire via legit CIA (hence the reason I am freeing space), but honestly, having double amount of space to install the CIA is INSANE for me

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Oh well. I'll delete Ironfall to install Pokémon Alpha Sapphire via legit CIA (hence the reason I am freeing space), but honestly, having double amount of space to install the CIA is INSANE for me
sure but just like anything, you need space for the installer and the installed files...
if you install microsoft office for example, you need to have the installer and let the software be installed. the 3ds is no different.
granted the cia could be compressed, i'm not sure if it is/if it's possible/how much difference it would make.

but just the same, you can install pokemon, and if you don't have enough space to install something else because the cia is too big, move pokemon off onto your computer, install the other cia, then restore pokemon back.

sorry you couldn't find ironfall on 3dsdb, yeah it's not there, sorry. you would have had to find the title id some other way

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is bullshit, Ironfall runs fine on my 9.2 to start Homebrew Loader...
It shouldn't do, it needs 9.5 to run. Are you sure it isn't a bad downgrade? My N3DS has been on 9.0 since launch and it won't boot on sysNAND without Firmlaunch.

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
It shouldn't do, it needs 9.5 to run. Are you sure it isn't a bad downgrade? My N3DS has been on 9.0 since launch and it won't boot on sysNAND without Firmlaunch.
It's a N3DS too and I did confirm the downgrade by running someones homebrew that tells you if you failed downgrading (fake downgrade) or if it succeeded.
Besides that I'm currently running EmuNAND on my N3DS just fine so no this is not a half-downgrade.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's a N3DS too and I did confirm the downgrade by running someones homebrew that tells you if you failed downgrading (fake downgrade) or if it succeeded.
Besides that I'm currently running EmuNAND on my N3DS just fine so no this is not a half-downgrade.
Odd. Then by all means try it I guess, just don't rely on it being functional.

EpicLPer

Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
Odd. Then by all means try it I guess, just don't rely on it being functional.
Honestly I haven't tried playing Ironfall as I don't like the game anyways but it works so far that I can launch the exploit from it.

Also, have some photos as proof (currently on EmuNAND):
http://imgur.com/a/M3XST

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Damn Ironfall size.. Thanks, anyway, I'll stay on 9.9 and delete it since I'll have it backed up and Menuhax
Why? It's not "that" big to be honest... Buy a bigger SD Card as you'll need it anyways once you downgrade and run EmuNAND on it.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Honestly I haven't tried playing Ironfall as I don't like the game anyways but it works so far that I can launch the exploit from it.

Also, have some photos as proof (currently on EmuNAND):
http://imgur.com/a/M3XST
Are you sure it isn't running in emuNAND thanks to Firmlaunch? Like I said, it can run on my 9.0 sysNAND, but only when I have Firmlaunch patched with Pasta.

EDIT:
This is what happens if I'm running it without any patches on sysNAND 9.0:

Last edited by Scarlet,
Reactions: EpicLPer

EpicLPer

Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
Are you sure it isn't running in emuNAND thanks to Firmlaunch? Like I said, it can run on my 9.0 sysNAND, but only when I have Firmlaunch patched with Pasta.
Whoops, you're right. Just tried it in normal SysNAND mode and it's stuck on an infinite 3DS loading screen.
I never knew this to be honest, that might be the problem why certain CIA games won't run on EmuNAND either... I thought they'd display something like "You need this and that version" and not just simply stay on the loading screen.

Now I feel dumb for asking people so many times why some of my games won't load xD

pingas123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Alright, I managed to get a 16 GB card, downgraded and have Rxtools CFW. The only possible way of booting into Ironfall is emunand? And if I need to boot into HBL, I need to go to emunand?

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I managed to get a 16 GB card, downgraded and have Rxtools CFW. The only possible way of booting into Ironfall is emunand? And if I need to boot into HBL, I need to go to emunand?
Well it depends if you are using ctrbootmanager or booting with rxtools. if you use ctrbootmanager, you can go straight to hbl from sysnand, but theres an hbl cia that you can get that will run the hbl in emunand. Also, if you have Ironfall installed in sysnand, you would have to run it in sysnand. you would have to install it in emunand to get it in emunand, but with being able to install nonlegit cias in emunand, theres not much need for it, aside from if you actually wanted to play the game.

L

LuksaXD

Hai, I've been wanting to downgrade and use CIAs on my 2DS v9.9, but I have a bit of a question/problem: should I delete Ironfall with Ironhax to save space and install Menuhax? Do I still need an entrypoint when on 9.2? Thanks in advance.
"Old"Browserhax works fine for me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: +1