Homebrew Question concerning SNES emulation.

.Darky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Well, I finished playing Super Metroid using the latest SNEmulDS a couple of months ago. I recently found out there are people who managed to hack the entire game, so I downloaded one of the hacks known as "Metroid: Legacy". It was an IPS patch and after applying it on a clean Super Metroid rom everything was ok until the intro sequence after starting a new game finishes, after that it's just a balck screen and the music keeps playing.

What do?

freshness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i don´t know but some ips patched games don´t seem to work, the link to the past hack doesn´t work either..i have a donkey kong country hack which is the only hacked game i can play on SNEmulDS...

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hacks will be very hit or miss with snemulds. Its compatibility with normal roms is already shaky, patching the games with unauthorized code tends to make it even worse. There are only a handful of hacks i've tried which work ok in the emulator. One of which was that Breath of Fire 2 retranslation.

Maybe it has something to do with checksum breakages or something... At any rate, not much you can do about it right now. Maybe that new SNES emulator for the upcoming SCDSTWO will have better luck with hacks.

.Darky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
It's been a while but I managed to get it working. Seems the first rom I had was corrupted, so I downloaded a new one and I can play now. : )

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
Maybe it has something to do with checksum breakages or something... At any rate, not much you can do about it right now. Maybe that new SNES emulator for the upcoming SCDSTWO will have better luck with hacks.
Not to get off topic, but it will be a point of sale to me if Soul Blazer works on it.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol