Question concerning SNES emulation.

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by .Darky, Jan 2, 2010.

Jan 2, 2010
  1. .Darky
    OP

Member .Darky GBAtemp Maniac

Peru
    Well, I finished playing Super Metroid using the latest SNEmulDS a couple of months ago. I recently found out there are people who managed to hack the entire game, so I downloaded one of the hacks known as "Metroid: Legacy". It was an IPS patch and after applying it on a clean Super Metroid rom everything was ok until the intro sequence after starting a new game finishes, after that it's just a balck screen and the music keeps playing.

What do?

2. freshness

Newcomer freshness Advanced Member

Germany
    i don´t know but some ips patched games don´t seem to work, the link to the past hack doesn´t work either..i have a donkey kong country hack which is the only hacked game i can play on SNEmulDS...

3. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Hacks will be very hit or miss with snemulds. Its compatibility with normal roms is already shaky, patching the games with unauthorized code tends to make it even worse. There are only a handful of hacks i've tried which work ok in the emulator. One of which was that Breath of Fire 2 retranslation.

Maybe it has something to do with checksum breakages or something... At any rate, not much you can do about it right now. Maybe that new SNES emulator for the upcoming SCDSTWO will have better luck with hacks.

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Disabling the sound *may* help, but more than likely it's just an incompatibility with the rom hack.

5. .Darky
    OP

Member .Darky GBAtemp Maniac

Peru
    It's been a while but I managed to get it working. Seems the first rom I had was corrupted, so I downloaded a new one and I can play now. : )

6. hdofu

Member hdofu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Most IPS Rom hacks don't get along with it, which is why I know longer try to play the many smw hacks on it :/ (Though a few do work)

7. 9th_Sage

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Not to get off topic, but it will be a point of sale to me if Soul Blazer works on it. [​IMG]