Question about Wiikey

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by icefox2, Oct 9, 2008.

Oct 9, 2008

Question about Wiikey by icefox2 at 1:51 PM (769 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. icefox2
    OP

Newcomer icefox2 Advanced Member

Canada
    I currently have a Wii that is on 3.3 PAL firmware so if I get a Wiikey modchip will it allow me to directly play my US games? They are legit by the way bought from the store. Also what happens if it asks me to update from the disk to a US firmware will updating brick me? Thanks.

2. GHBrothers

Newcomer GHBrothers Member

Sweden
    You dont download games? Well, if you dont so is 3.3E nothing wrong for you and the WiiKey! So you can still have 3.3E! And for some games so must you download firmware to WiiKey! Is legit and best to do.... if you not.... some games mabye not work even if it is original disc! Like if you have WiiKey firmware 1.9b so cant you play Super Smash Bros. Brawl! So you must than upgrade to 1.9s firmware to play it becouse Super Smash Bros. Brawl take 7.6GB!!! You can get more info from me! Here is my MSN:
    aimen_mou94@hotmail.com
    I have not so much time becouse have a big homework to do! xD

EDIT: Yes, US update can brick your Wii if you have PAL! Can be banner-bricked or semi-bricked!

3. Diffusion

Member Diffusion GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    If you have originals. You could always load 'em through Gecko OS.

4. GHBrothers

Newcomer GHBrothers Member

Sweden
    I'm always forget that stupid GeckoOS! xD Even if i have it on my Wii! xD But that can to start US game without any updates! But it is a homebrew app!