gilgamesh003

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi everyone: Wii U 5.5.1 -- USA
I have noticed that the Netflix app has get an update today... and i use it very often. I have installed so many games which need updates, and the thing is that i don´t have Haxchi or anything like that. I just launch the Browser, then "that site", and then HBC. Can i update and still accesing to homebrew channel via internet browser?? cause i need to update like 6 games and now, the netflix channel.

Thank´s for ur Help!!

Last edited by gilgamesh003,

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not use Wii U USB helper to download the updates you require. Pop them on the SD card and access the homebrew launcher through your prefered web exploit, and use wupinstaller y mod to install all the updates you need?

gilgamesh003

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Why not use Wii U USB helper to download the updates you require. Pop them on the SD card and access the homebrew launcher through your prefered web exploit, and use wupinstaller y mod to install all the updates you need?
Cause i have always think that is more tedious... but if you say is better i will try it right now, thank you

Reactions: Tomobobo

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, I mean, you could update the console too and it would be really easy to update your titles :). But I would think you want to stay on 5.5.1, and I don't know any other method of updating sorry.

gilgamesh003

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I haven´t update because everything´s going just fine... and i was thinking like maybe the update have bad consecuences... but u said that i can install the updates, on the same way that i install my games, so i´ll try it.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed haxchi and updated (against my will) So far I had no issues with anything. As long as I have haxchi, I'm good. I figured game updates wasn't related to system updates being on latest firmware. Maybe downloading DLC from eshop, yeah you would need update to access eshop. :unsure:

gilgamesh003

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I installed haxchi and updated (against my will) So far I had no issues with anything. As long as I have haxchi, I'm good. I figured game updates wasn't related to system updates being on latest firmware. Maybe downloading DLC from eshop, yeah you would need update to access eshop. :unsure:
Yes and keep in mind that i don´t have haxchi or anything, just access hombrew via internet browser.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to update all my games and netflix channel... if i update can i still loading hbc via internet browser???
If you are trying to update your games and apps, you don't need to update firmware, even the website doesn't say anything about "Make sure your firmware is up to date." First check the download manager. (Press the blue screen on the home menu at the bottom right corner) If nothing is there, start each app you want to update and if it tells you that a update is available then let it work. If it doesn't say anything then there is nothing to update. :blink:

upload_2018-2-23_13-18-17.png

gilgamesh003

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
If you are trying to update your games and apps, you don't need to update firmware, even the website doesn't say anything about "Make sure your firmware is up to date." First check the download manager. (Press the blue screen on the home menu at the bottom right corner) If nothing is there, start each app you want to update and if it tells you that a update is available then let it work. If it doesn't say anything then there is nothing to update. :blink:

View attachment 115408
My dear Friend: if i turn on the download box, (and that mean´s): if i turn off the Dns blocker and launch the apps that i want to update, be sure that the System will Automatically download the Update 5.5.2, that´s a fact.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the end, sincerely: if i update, can i still launching homebrew channel via internet browser yes or not? ¿is some reason to not update to 5.5.2?
No one is saying there isn't any reason to update but since you asked... your free method which i assume is the web browser exploit is much more uncommon to access (It means the consistency of being able to get it to work is extremely lower than 5.5.1)

If you was to buy a Nintendo DS game on eshop, Which if you used the link I provided you, you can purchase a more reliable method that works on 5.5.2 by installing haxchi, and also not need to worry about updates after that.

Reactions: Tomobobo

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think if you are installing legit content (like an update), you can use wupinstaller to install them without cfw. Just launch the homebrew launcher via a web exploit, load up wupinstaller, and install the files you downloaded and transfered to the SD card via wii u usb helper.

Reactions: gilgamesh003

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think if you are installing legit content (like an update), you can use wupinstaller to install them without cfw. Just launch the homebrew launcher via a web exploit, load up wupinstaller, and install the files you downloaded and transfered to the SD card via wii u usb helper.
He wants the easy and simple solution which is to do it the intended way by nintendo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill