Question about twilight hack..

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by FullgoreEXE, Feb 20, 2009.

Feb 20, 2009
  1. FullgoreEXE
    OP

Member FullgoreEXE GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    So wait, I can play burned ISOs without modding my wii, if I just use the twilight hack? I don't need to buy a modchip or anything?

2. WiiMonkey

Member WiiMonkey GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
  3. Deadmon

Member Deadmon A Temper

Canada
    Well, yes, but you have to do additional steps after using the twilight hack.

Nowadays I believe the SoftMii guide is easiest way to get burned ISOs running. (Just don't install softmii tweaks or whatever at the end [​IMG])

4. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    the fastest way is installing cIOS36_r7 and then using a launcher, of course this after using the TH for intalling homebrew channel

5. FullgoreEXE
    OP

Member FullgoreEXE GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Mhh.. So what's the most user friendly way of basically playing downloaded and burned ISOs on your wii? Softmii or Twilight hack?

6. unknownworlder

Member unknownworlder GBAtemp Regular

United States
    From what i know, there was a homebrew app that let you run isos, but the compatibility is very low.

I can't guarantee it though.

7. WiiMonkey

Member WiiMonkey GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom

You need the Twilight hack regardless and then softmii is a user friendly installation

8. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    then you don't know anything, the compatibility in Gamma Launcher is almost 99% perfect, yeah some games (like 6) needs patching, but after that, PERFECT

first use the twilight hack to install the homebrew channel, after that you can use many aplications for doing this and that, for playing backups you need to install the cIOS36_r7 (aka IOS249) and then use the Gamma Launcher to play your backups burned on DVD's, this is the most n00b-friendly-easier-123step-user thing to do, the softmii it is not complicated, but if you don't know anything about hacking and cIOS and IOS and dowgrading and apps, then don't go for the ultimate softmod and stay away for a possible brick...!!! [​IMG]