Question about title id

anthony001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
how do they generate the title id for those games like the standalone zelda oot(the standalone one not the sm3das launcher or nintendo online launcher) and pc converted gta and standalone mario 64(not the mario3das). how is it different from the nsp or xci version of official nintendo games.

anthony001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Tools for making nsp installers have option to set whatever titleid you want. Nothing fancy.
so all the titleids that the games(nsp, nsp forwarder) have right now are first created by 1 person then announce that a game will have this titleid. would I be able to install game if I were not to follow that guys title id?

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
so all the titleids that the games(nsp, nsp forwarder) have right now are first created by 1 person then announce that a game will have this titleid. would I be able to install game if I were not to follow that guys title id?
When developers compile their tools as NSPs files they choose what Title ID to use. If you are using a tool to convert an NRO to an NSP you choose what Title ID you want to use for it, it doesn't have to match what the original developer used. Whatever Title ID you use doesn't matter as long as it doesn't conflict with another app that you have installed.

Edit: If two app have the same ID when you install a new one it will overwrite the old one.

Reactions: binkinator

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@CompSciOrBust
does nintendo checks the installed titleid? does having the standalone mod of zelda oot which has its own titleid pose a higher risk of ban than if you just have a normal switch game (obtained elsewhere)
Yes. Yes.

Installing any nsp is treated by Nintendo as piracy content. No matter what content it is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: its the emote but ridiculously small