Hacking question about the supercard two and DS lite

triple-sevenz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gave my cyclods to my relative, so I'm buying a new one. I don't have a DSi or 3DS yet, no money for one. But incase I do get one in the future, I want a flash cart that runs on one of those and that also runs on the DS lite I have. So my question is does the Supercard Two work for ds lites or does it lose something? Like I know it has a gba emulator, but don't DSi and 3DS have a stronger cpu than DS lites? Would it not emulate as well? I don't really play much gba games but in case I do, I just wanted to know.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Every flashcart (excluding the iEvo) can only run in ds mode. Even if you run a DS2 on a dsi/3ds, they still run in ds mode, so it doesn't gain the extra RAM or access to the camera.

The SuperCard DSTwo emulates via an onboard CPU that is built into the flashcart itself. The performance won't change, whether you're using a ds lite or dsi/3ds.

triple-sevenz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah ok, thank you very much for helping me with this information. I had no idea it only runs on DS mode. If you don't mind me asking, how does one play those ds games that are meant for DSi? they seem to be different than the ds ones (not talking about 3DS games).

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
ah ok, thank you very much for helping me with this information. I had no idea it only runs on DS mode. If you don't mind me asking, how does one play those ds games that are meant for DSi? they seem to be different than the ds ones (not talking about 3DS games).
Those would be dsi-enhanced games; some dsi games require the camera or the extra RAM, but the ones that do not depend on them can be run on ds mode (without camera access or RAM boost). They might lose functionality or speed, but they are generally still playable on ds mode. To be blunt, just about every dsi-enhanced game is playable on ds mode.

wasim

♫ Music addict ♫
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
there are some games that are dsi enhanced, which you can play in DSl and DS phat too but you wont be able to use some feature of the game which can only be played on DSi. Like Assassins Creed II, if you need to edit the wanted poster you need a dsi. But you can't get this feature with any flashcard other than CycloDS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-