Bloodrns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have been wondering about the battery in the DS lite for a while. It has been acting wierd recently , but im not going into detail about that. The question is , is it harmful to leave the DS in a recharger almost all the time instead of draining the battery completely and then put it in a recharger. I've heard rumors that keeping it in a recharger almost all the time will damage some battery's, so im a bit worried about this one considering that it has its own unique charger.
blink.gif

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's bad for all rechargeable batteries. It leads to a shorter battery life.

To get the most out of your battery you must, as you say, drain the battery completely and then recharge to full before using it again.

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not entirely true, NiCad batteries perform much better when completely drained every time, however NiMh batteries (as in the DS) prefer not to be completely discharged, you should charge them when they are at about 30% capacity (when the red light of the DS comes on)

rrg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Charge the battery the recommended 4hrs and unplug the charger.
The li-ion do not have memory. But they can be degraded if left on the charger for a long time (ie. over nite).

Bloodrns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
alright. But something else that i wanted to ask. Is it possible to simply take the battery out of the DS and have the charger keep the power on?(like how it's possible with the laptop for instance). Wanna have a confirmation before i try something.
smile.gif

Kamika

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Kittymat said:
Not entirely true, NiCad batteries perform much better when completely drained every time, however NiMh batteries (as in the DS) prefer not to be completely discharged, you should charge them when they are at about 30% capacity (when the red light of the DS comes on)

Erhm, the DS has a Lithium ion battery, not a NiMh one. Lithium batteries are more durable and have no memory effect. And there's no way you can overcharge them because the orange light goes off when the battery is full.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ