Question About System Config Tool and Saves

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by godreborn, Feb 24, 2017.

1. godreborn
    OP

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    hello. I have a question about exporting saves with system config tool. four of my saves can't be exported. I get an error "failed to export save." now, what I've noticed is that either the common folder or the save folder has no time stamp. is that what's causing the error? and, if so, how do I correct this? the saves run fine, so I know there's not a problem there. thanks.

2. Felek666

Felek666 Demonically Uncontrollable

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Use Saviine.

CreeperMario and godreborn like this.
  3. godreborn
    OP

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I think it's a bug with system config tool. the save was actually dumped. I checked a save that was made with saviine and compared it with one made by system config tool. through hex compare, the files were identical. the bug seems to occur if the common folder or the saved data folder has no timestamp of which I'm not sure how that could've happened. one of the games in question was yoshi's wooly world which I bought and 100%'d, so a timestamp should've existed unless it (system config tool) was reading the information incorrectly (i.e. a bug).

4. RareKirby

RareKirby GBAtemp Regular

Mar 1, 2011
    United States
    How do I get config tool? I have Haxchi and Homebrew installed

5. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Find the files (this is illegal you know) and install with wupinstaller, no differently than any other channel

6. RareKirby

RareKirby GBAtemp Regular

Mar 1, 2011
    United States
    Didn't know