Question about Savegame Extractor/Installer

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by coolgamer311, Jun 10, 2016.

1. coolgamer311
    OP

coolgamer311 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2016
    United States
    I recently installed the Homebrew Channel on my Wii U, and I wanted to extract the save file from my AC:CF game so I could edit the files on my PC... I was wondering if it was safe to use Savegame Extractor/Installer on the Wii U, as my console is used by my family as well, and bricking it would be a bad thing!

2. coolgamer311
    OP

coolgamer311 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2016
    United States
    UPDATE: I got SaveGame Manager GX instead, but I cannot find the Animal Crossing files. It shows the files of other games but not Animal Crossing...
    I need to copy the files to my SD card (which is normally blocked on Save Data Management), but I cannot do so. Any fixes/other programs?

3. jse

jse Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2008
    Go here http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/List_of_WiiU_homebrew
    Grab Saviine
    Extract it somewhere
    Put the wiiu folder on your sd card
    Run the dump.bat on your pc
    Boot into Homebrew Launcher
    Load Saviine
    Use the Dpad to set the ip address displayed in Saviine to the ip address of the pc running the dump.bat/saviine server
    Press A or whatever Saviine ask's you to press and it will load saviine to ram and dump you out to the Wii-U menu/dashboard
    Launch your game
    The saves will no be dumped over network to the sever directory.

You can now mod them, or stick them on your sd card for loadiine, if you want to put them back once you have modded them, then use the inject.bat and reverse the process

4. FlippityFlip

FlippityFlip Member

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2016
    United States
    I think he might be talking about vWii.