Question about Rom hacking atm

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Returnofganon, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Returnofganon
    OP

Returnofganon I pretend like I know what I'm talking about

Jul 1, 2015
    United States
    With the creation of HANS I was wondering if I would need my own rom to make a hack. What I mean by this is do I need gateway and dump my rom of AS (Physical cart) to use in PK3ds or is there another way. I am on 10.1 so IronHax is my only method of hacking.
    A link to another thread that already answered this question would be cool if you don't want to re-explain this.

Thanks in advance

(PS: If this is a dumb question, Mods please delete this.)

2. Ruby Gloom

Ruby Gloom GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 25, 2015
    Dalvík, Iceland
    Not in meanness, but it is. Ironhax only provides you access to HB, which will only run HB apps. You can't dump any ROM nor import it. Gateway is out of the question, you're not on a supported FW for it.

3. Returnofganon
    OP

Jul 1, 2015
    United States
    Thanks. I knew I had no chance of running gateway but I thought that there may have been another way as smea had his special version of OR. (And you know how much he hates piracy so he prob wouldn't buy a gateway)

4. Ruby Gloom

Sep 25, 2015
    Dalvík, Iceland
    Sorry about that. I would if you can, go to Walmart and ask them to take a look at the old 3ds systems and buy on that is labeled on the back as Copyright Nintendo 2012-2014. They are guaranteed to be on 3.x all the way to 9.0. Even if you need to scavenge the money, isn't it worth it...?

5. Returnofganon
    OP

Jul 1, 2015
    United States
    No it's fine I was just bored and wanted to mess around with AS. I just bought a N3ds xl so kinda broke atm ;)

6. Ruby Gloom

Sep 25, 2015
    Dalvík, Iceland
    That also is another reason you cannot use GW. N3dsxl runs slightly different FW so you're only able to run EmuNand up to 9.5 on systems on 9.0 I believe. But, alright. :)

7. Selim873

Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

Jul 31, 2010
    United States
    Chillin' with Bob Ross
  8. Returnofganon
    OP

Jul 1, 2015
    United States
    Selim873 likes this.