Question about restore a sysNAND w/a9lhax using Decrypt9

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by SunHans, May 13, 2016.

1. SunHans
    OP

SunHans Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2015
    Mexico
    Hi y'all!

I have a sysnand backup with a9lh installed according with the Part 5 of Plailect's guide.

Yesterday at night, I restore a sysnand backup through Decrypt9 using "SysNAND Backup/Restore..." because I accidentally deleted a system title with FBI and the console didn't turn on anymore.

I was confused between using the option "NAND Restore" or "NAND Restore (keep a9lh)"

Finally I use the "NAND Restore" option because I considered "NAND Restore (keep a9lh)" only for transfer an Emunand/Rednand to sysnand in the a9lh install process.

And again, my sysnand backup is containing arm9loaderhax.

Actually, everything in my 3ds works fine after the restoration (a9lh works because I see the special string on System Settings) but I still have the anxiety to know if I chose the right option.

And I assume I shouldn't install arm9lh again, right?

Last edited by SunHans, May 13, 2016
  2. 4gionz

4gionz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2014
    Canada
    No your fine, the keep a9lh option is for people like me who have a clean NAND dump(taken before a9lh was installed) and want to restore to it but keep a9lh

But since you restored a NAND backup that was made with a9lh already installed your fine

SunHans likes this.
  3. SunHans
    OP

SunHans Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2015
    Mexico
    Uff, thanks for clarifying. I was worried for that.

4. DavidXY

DavidXY Newbie

Newcomer
    May 17, 2016
    Peru
    have a problem, my a9lh sysnand with firmware 3ds 11, not working eshop and friend list, I have a backup of my sysnand on 10.7, I can restore this by decrypt9?