Hacking Question about Resistance: Retribution and Infected mode

DeltaBladeX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I know we can't play it without a PS3 and Resistance 2, since obviously there would have been a method to unlock it by now if it was. What I was wondering is if any of the content exists within the UMD / ISO, or if it is all downloaded from Resistance 2. I'm not likely to get a PS3 and Resistance 2 any time soon, and wouldn't mind knowing if anything from the mode is accessible. Wouldn't mind getting the remaining reports at least.

hubadub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to looking into this too a while back but found out that there is no way of accessing it without a PS3 and R2 unless someone was really dedicated enough to try to make some sort of plugin that unlocks it. Anyway, I found these two unresolved threads when I was trying to find info then, so they may be of some use to you I guess.

http://wololo.net/ta....php?f=6&t=7490
http://wololo.net/ta...php?f=13&t=6930

You can still unlock the special weapon from Infected Mode though by collecting the normal intel. Infected Mode is really just a different costume, altered dialog reflecting the different costume, that special weapon, accessing different areas, and new intel. The new intel can also only be read during this mode and can't be accessed normally.

You can't even keep the game infected, you have to connect the game every time you want to access it since it returns back to normal after you turn off the game. You can infect it anytime while playing though. Unless you got a friend who has a PS3 and R2, you're better off just getting a 100% savegame file. Anyway, it's not really a big deal.

DeltaBladeX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yeah, I know that you can't keep Infected mode. No friends with the system though, I just wanted to get the remaining stuff myself. Thanks for the info though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill