Hacking Question about reencrypting a .3ds game

zxcman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
So to start up, I'll explain my current set up.

I have luma, decrypt9, and gateway all set up on A9LH on my 3DS, as well as Citra on my PC.
Currently on 11.1
I was trying to install a mod to my Pokemon Omega Ruby (specifically, Rising Ruby), and I managed to dump, decrypt, extract, mod, and repack the game just fine on my own, and it works fine for me on Citra now.

The issue is, when I try to re-encrypt the game to play it on my 3DS via gateway, the game crashes.

The encryption process seems to go just fine, and the game appears on my gateway menu, icon and all.
But when I try to start the game, get a message "An Error has occurred. Hold the power button to turn off the power..."

So I'm wondering, is that an issue caused by the encryption process, or did I some how mess up with the modding (seems unlikely, seeing that the modded game works on Citra)

Last edited by zxcman,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So to start up, I'll explain my current set up.

I have luma, decrypt9, and gateway all set up on A9LH on my 3DS, as well as Citra on my PC.
Currently on 11.1
I was trying to install a mod to my Pokemon Omega Ruby (specifically, Rising Ruby), and I managed to dump, decrypt, extract, mod, and repack the game just fine on my own, and it works fine for me on Citra now.

The issue is, when I try to re-encrypt the game to play it on my 3DS via gateway, the game crashes.

The encryption process seems to go just fine, and the game appears on my gateway menu, icon and all.
But when I try to start the game, get a message "An Error has occurred. Hold the power button to turn off the power..."

So I'm wondering, is that an issue caused by the encryption process, or did I some how mess up with the modding (seems unlikely, seeing that the modded game works on Citra)
I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure it would be a lot easier to play a cia version and use Hans or SaltySD to change the files (I'm likely to be wrong, never done it myself, but it should give you something to look up).

zxcman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure it would be a lot easier to play a cia version and use Hans or SaltySD to change the files (I'm likely to be wrong, never done it myself, but it should give you something to look up).

Oh, I'm sure converting to cia could very well be a faster solution, but I do like having access to gateway's cheats menu.

Do you know any replacement to it?

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh, I'm sure converting to cia could very well be a faster solution, but I do like having access to gateway's cheats menu.

You can access the gateway's cheats menu on .3ds files, a well on any .cia files too.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

You can use NTR for cheats but it's not as convenient as Gateway's cheats.

Edit: oh yes as @Asia81 said you can use Gateway cheats on cia games too.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

zxcman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Huh, I just tried it, and the Gateway cheats do work on cia games. Thanks guys.

I'll just need to convert the game to cia, re-encrypt the cia, and hope for the best.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: