Question about PSN and CFW

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by gokujr1000, Dec 25, 2011.

Dec 25, 2011
  1. gokujr1000
    OP

Member gokujr1000 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    I got a PSP Go for Christmas today and straight away I installed CFW. The CFW I installed was 6.60 Pro-B10 and I've loved every second of it. The possibilities are endless and I'm able to emulate GBA and SNES games perfectly, well I think perfectly. Anyway that's not the Point.

I'm just wondering is it safe for me to connect to PSN and play Online on Different Games? Or should I avoid anything to do with Online while CFW is sitting on my PSP.

Thanks for Anyone who answers this :)

2. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    Enjoy the online. I used online quite a bit while on CFW awhile back, playing Modnation Racers and such, and had no problems.

3. DeltaBladeX

Member DeltaBladeX GBAtemp Fan

New Zealand
    I've gone on the PSN shop service before with CFW active, and gotten a 80109D80 error. Sony can and will give you a temp ban of one week if they detect CFW while you are buying games on PSN, which will prevent you from downloading purchased games. Make sure to do a full shutdown first to disable the temp firmware, do your business on PSN, then reinstall the temp firmware. Any other service seems to be fine, just not the PSN store from the PSP main menu.

4. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Bullshit, this is the first time I've heard of it.

80109D80 error has nothing to do with banning or whatever at all. Sony doesn't ban for CFW on PSP.

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The error with my PSP was due to too many activations, since I had never bothered deactivating it before re-flashing firmware 80-bajillion times.

I never did bother to contact Sony to see if I could get the error lifted, since I'm a dirty pirate.
    (Except steam.)

6. DeltaBladeX

Member DeltaBladeX GBAtemp Fan

New Zealand
    I said for a week, not a permanent ban, call it another word if you want. They can deny you service for using CFW if they want. Some sites mention it having to do with detecting unauthorized PRX or something like that. I sure as heck don't do multiple account activations, so it wasn't that. Going online with CFW, I got 80109D80 using PSN on the PSP and 80048A80 with MediaGo. Week later, I let the CFW deactivate before I went online, it worked. I just know it was a more recent problem, because I went on a few months ago with CFW without problems, but recently I got the error code.

7. gokujr1000
    OP

Member gokujr1000 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    So can anyone confirm if I can use PSN with my CFW?

8. demonicstrife

Member demonicstrife *INSERTGENERICTITLE*

United States
    Yes, you can. PS3's a different story, but that's for another time.

9. MadHouse38

Member MadHouse38 GBAtemp Regular

Yugoslavia
    Yeah you can but be sure to go into OFW. i heard someone said PSN recognized he was going on PSN from CFW so he got banned for a week.

10. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    What a load of croak. The only relevant thing PSN checks on PSP's is the firmware number, and that's being spoofed to 9.99 on PRO CFW. You can log on the PSN store and play online to your heart's content, there are no bannings going on because PSP's don't have any distinctive features between one another.