Question about preinstalled legit CIAs

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by player0, Sep 7, 2015.

1. player0
    OP

player0 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 2, 2006
    Hi so with the legit CIAs of those preinstalled games, whats the difference if I install them first then setup NNID, or setup NNID then install them? Do both grant the games to the NNID and redownloadable forever from eshop?
    Also, when connecting to eshop the first time after the CIAs are installed, does eshop log your IP so there is record on their server that who collected all these preinstalled games on a single machine?

2. DrCrygor07

DrCrygor07 Italian Wario Ware bootleg©

Sep 4, 2014
    Italy
    You can register NNID before or after, they will be added to your purchase list, and you can redownload them when you want

3. KirasiN

KirasiN Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2015
    Greece
    Won't create another thread since this one has the title I want. Basically my issue is that I own the monster hunter 4 ultimate limited edition n3ds, which had the game preinstalled on the SD it came with, and I want to transfer it to my 16GB SD that I use now (the EMUNAND one).

So, uhm is it possible to backup the game from my original sd and install it on the emunand SD so that I won't have to swap them when I want to play? If so, can someone who knows tell me how or link me to a tutorial? So far my search isn't fruitful.

4. player0
    OP

player0 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 2, 2006
    Thanks, what about the IP logging bit? Can Nintendo find out who and when some preinstalled games are all linked to a new NNID?

5. DrCrygor07

DrCrygor07 Italian Wario Ware bootleg©

Sep 4, 2014
    Italy
    You just need to move the game files on the other SD

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I never had this problem

6. KirasiN

KirasiN Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2015
    Greece
    How? Just stick the SD to my pc, copy the 2.70 GB folder in "Nintendo 3DS" to the other SD? Or is there another method that I am not aware of?

7. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    unless you have sysnand and emunand unlinked, then you can't
    and yes, just backup your old SD (Nintendo 3DS) to PC and restore to the new SD

8. KirasiN

KirasiN Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2015
    Greece
    I use the cubic ninja exploit, basically I did the QR thing, backed up my nand and installed emunand on the new, bigger SD with that backup. Thing is, I did use the new SD quite a bit, my saves and other .cia files are installed on it, so i don't want to mess those up, was mostly wondering if I could just convert my preinstalled game into a .cia or 3DS file and install them on the emunand SD or on the gateway SD.

Sorry if I sound stupid, it's been a while since I did all that, and I clearly haven't done my research. No idea if my emu and sys is linked or not. Or if by backup you mean just copy paste it or do a full backup and restore by replacing all content on my emunand SD

Eitherway, I will just copy that folder over and see if that's what you mean, will let you know if it worked.

9. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    if it was preinstalled and you didn't unlink sysnand with emunand (formatted sysnand or emunand) then you can spoof FW on your N3DS in emunand 9.5 and redownload your pre-installed game

10. KirasiN

KirasiN Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2015
    Greece
    I havent accessed the shop at all, neither on the original SD nor on the new one, my firmware wasn't the latest so I had to update to do that.

EDIT: It worked! Just copied the folder to my emunand SD and both tomodachi life and MH4U are there, can play them both with and without gateway :) Thank you people.

Last edited by KirasiN, Sep 7, 2015
    DjoeN likes this.