Question about Pokemon transfers with R4

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Princess_Boki, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Princess_Boki
    OP

Princess_Boki Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2014
    United States
    DETAILS:
    I have a physical copy of FireRed version for GBA and I want to transfer those Pokemon to my SoulSilver rom on my R4 Gold. I don't have a real file on SoulSilver so I made a quick test file. I got the starter, the PokeGear, and Prof. Elm's number. Then I hacked my way through the walls all the way to the Pal Park in Fuchsia City. The guy at the gate keeps telling me,
    "Oh, hold on. You don't have enough Pokemon for a Catching Show. You'll need to stock us with six Pokemon to participate. You should make some Pokemon migrate from Hoenn or another region!"
    Now...I hacked myself a full team of 6 Pokemon on SoulSilver and my FireRed version has 6 Pokemon in the PC and the on-hand team. What am I missing? I asked him about migrating and apparently I have to click the "Migrate From" button but there is no such button on my game, even on the main title screen before I choose the file.

QUESTION:
    If I play through the SoulSilver ROM normally, will I be able to do a transfer from FireRed to this game by the time I make it to the Pal Park legitimately?

2. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    You *need* to have finished the Elite Four and possibly some other stuff before you can import from GBA.

3. Princess_Boki
    OP

Princess_Boki Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2014
    United States
    I just beat the Elite 4 (through cheats) and now I have the S.S. Ticket and I'm going over to get the National Dex from Prof. Oak.

4. Princess_Boki
    OP

Princess_Boki Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2014
    United States
    Well...just to confirm:
    It does NOT work. I got the ability to migrate but it says the GBA save file is corrupted or there isn't one. There IS a save file and everything is done right, it just doesn't work between a GBA cartridge and a DS rom on flashcart. Oh well.