Hacking Question about playing a backed up game...

games2007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the Super Paper Mario ISO from a site.
I used the backup-creator.exe on the ISO and it made it 3.99GB.
I don't know whether I was supposed to do that, or just burn the ISO to a disk...
I burned the 3.99GB ISO, named partition.iso, to my DVD +R disk. Does this have to be a DVD -R? Will a DVD +R work??
The game won't work on the Gamma Backup loader or on Ocarina. My wii is fine and it is 3.2U

I am probably going to burn the original Super Paper Mario.iso and try to play that, without using the backup-creator. I don't know if I should've patched the game or not or with what program.
Super Paper Mario original ISO size: 4.37GB

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DVD+R are less likely to work , but do on some wii's
You dont patch games for gamma or they wont work at all.

All these questions have been posted and answered before - please use the search thread and read up before doing anyting - people have bricked their wii's by being that lazy, so dont assume anything and dont do anything until you have read up on everything.

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
first off...
you need to read more... you have a sticky that you should read before, look for it, you will understand that it's for you....

second...
3.99 is not a proper iso, it must be still in zip but since the winzip recognizes the file you see the sinbol of a zip, just extract it and that is your iso

third...
you dont need to use that patcher any more, actually if you use it it will make your burn useless as it will not work?

fourth...
for the dvd-r or +r i'm not gonna answer cuz that question just shows that your lazzy to look for the answer

fifth...
4.37g is the proper size, if it's not that size don't bother to burn it as it will not work

hope i helped
and again... read more, it will really help, ill give you the link you need if you want

games2007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok guys, please listen to me before you try to say I'm lazy. I've been searching on this topic all day. Some topics are saying that I have to use numerous patchers, backup loader programs for the wii, backup-creator programs, and mod chips. People have been saying that it's better to use DVD -Rs but I don't have any. I only have DVD +Rs right now, but I can purchase some.
What are the bitsettings that I have to do with my DVD burner and how would I do them?

games2007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok guys. I found out what settings I need to make a DVD R+ Work. Thanks for your help guys!!
I appreciate you guys helping me a lot. Sorry for being a bit noobish earlier...
I was just looking at tons of sources telling me to do different things from different forums and topics, and I wanted to get some help from people who have personal experience about how things are currently done. Thanks again!

*EDIT*
DAMN IT
wtf....
DVD Decrypter isn't working correctly...
What program should I use that can do bit settings? I really need help =/

I have Nero Burning Rom and Nero Express but I can't figure out how to open/use SmartStart. I have no idea what or where it is, but if I can find it, I can do the settings so I can burn this game...
Please help someone...

D

Deleted User

/search a little bit more!

There's a motherfucking guide on how to bitset your drive

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
man...
i know you just have +r dvds... but as sayd before they tend to dont work...
hold it in and tomorrow get -r
for more help LOOK FOR THE STICKY

D

Deleted User

MSearch HERE a little bit more.

There's a motherfucking guide on how to bitset!

There's also a motherfucking guide on how to burn backups!

I do not believe you have searched well

games2007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok... I'm getting a 50-pack of DVD-Rs tomorrow from Target. I have a $25 gift card from Christmas (Thx sis)

So... all I have to do is burn the ISO image to a DVD-R, with no patching. Just download the ROM parts, extract it so that I have one ISO image, and burn it? And then just play it with the Gamma backup loader?
I don't have to use any patching programs on the ISO to play it?
My wii is 3.2 and it has Ocarina and the Gamma BackupChannel to play games without updating.

games2007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just checking... and is Nero Express good to use? Or should I use a different program?
Should I use something like imgburn or GameCopyPro? I can get those programs but I want to know what I should use...

games2007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um... what's the demolator?
... I have the Backup Channel and I'm going to burn some games tomorrow on my DVD -Rs with Nero Burning Express. I'm Running the 3.2U firmware. What else do I need? I don't know what a demolator is....

D

Deleted User

demolator your Wii Drive. Make sure you flash it at the right timing. Preferably during when it's cold, so that your Wii Drive won't overheat.

Am I right kimikal?

EDIT: Oh, so you didn't demolate your Wii yet?

Just got to say, only a few survived during the process

D

Deleted User

Ooh, and during that process you gotta make sure you drop a driizle of the bliizard. Abandoning that step will lead on to a overheated Wii Drive

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself