Hacking Question about Plailect guide.

suparnemo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now i'm trying to do this :
Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS, then get into the Homebrew Launcher through the entrypoint of your choice
I don't have any homebrew launcher installed in my 3ds, what can i do ? Do i have to use rxtools ?

edit :
I saw here : https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew)
Because I'm 9.2.0-20 I have to do these step (except 3, 4, 5, 7) ?

Are you updated to 9.2? Just go back to part 1 and do that yes!

Ncm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Now i have some trouble after downgrading to 2.1.
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(2.1.0-Downgrade)
If you get a black screen, boot with the SD card removed then reinsert when you see the home menu. If this fails, follow this troubleshooting guide
I have the black screen when I boot, but when i removed the SD card like it said and reinsert after seing the home menu, it works, but it doesn't fix the problem. Each time i want to boot, i have to remove first the SD card, is it normal ? Is it safe to continue to part 5, even if i have this problem ?
Thanks for your help.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now i have some trouble after downgrading to 2.1.
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(2.1.0-Downgrade)
If you get a black screen, boot with the SD card removed then reinsert when you see the home menu. If this fails, follow this troubleshooting guide
I have the black screen when I boot, but when i removed the SD card like it said and reinsert after seing the home menu, it works, but it doesn't fix the problem. Each time i want to boot, i have to remove first the SD card, is it normal ? Is it safe to continue to part 5, even if i have this problem ?
Thanks for your help.
Yes boot with no SD and insert it while its on and continue the guide , do not put the system to sleep at any point. The hard part is over.

Reactions: suparnemo

Ncm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks to you, I managed to hack my 3DS with a9hl but now I want to change my SD card 4GB to a micro SD card 64GB with an adaptator.
The problem is when I switch to the micro SD card, my 3DS won't boot. Is it because there is a emuNAND in my SD card (I don't know if there is, but i thought the 3ds only boot in sysNAND). Thanks for your help.

suparnemo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to you, I managed to hack my 3DS with a9hl but now I want to change my SD card 4GB to a micro SD card 64GB with an adaptator.
The problem is when I switch to the micro SD card, my 3DS won't boot. Is it because there is a emuNAND in my SD card (I don't know if there is, but i thought the 3ds only boot in sysNAND). Thanks for your help.

You need to copy all your files from the old SD

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If you followed the end of the guide that involves flashing emuNAND to sysNAND then you don't have an emuNAND anymore.
Copy the Nintendo 3DS folder, arm9loaderhax.bin and CFW files to the new SD, it should boot then.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Format your 64GB to FAT32. Either by using EmuNAND9 or a third-party tool on Windows, such as this one.
Link: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/guiformat.htm

Then copy the contents of your old SD Card onto the new one and you are good to go.

Ncm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Format your 64GB to FAT32. Either by using EmuNAND9 or a third-party tool on Windows, such as this one.
Link: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/guiformat.htm

Then copy the contents of your old SD Card onto the new one and you are good to go.

Thank you, my SD card was in exFat and formatting it in FAT32 solved my problem.
Thanks to you all, I can now fully enjoy my 3DS XL (RIP my dear Gateway) :)

caitsith2

Trophies
a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
Website
www.caitsith2.com
XP
Country
Canada
Much of the reason exFAT is used on cards bigger than 32GB, is due to microsoft operating systems refusing to format anything larger than 32GB as FAT32. As a result, SDHC goes from 4GB to 32GB, using FAT32, and SDXC starts at 64GB, all the way to 2TB, using exFAT. However, FAT32 will work all the way to 2TB, provided you use a 3rd party tool to format the SD card as FAT32.

Ncm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey, I have an another question :
I wannt to convert my Monster Hunter X to a Monster Hunter Generation save, I thought I didn't need to use a soft before because my save was in my SD, but apparently I had to use JKSM before. So is there a way to launch the Gateway emunand I used before installing the cfw ? I was in 4.5 with emunand, won't the data save be corrupted because it use a different data save encryption or there is an option with A9hl ? I did a sysnand and emunand backup before installing cfw.
Thanks for your help.

Azaghâl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
First of all, sorry for my english.

I'm planning on following plailect's guide, but I have some question before trying it.

First one: He answered that it was fine with a 4Gb SD card but you would have to unmount your sd card mor frequently. What about with a 8Gb SD card?

Second one: In Part 2, it's written
"19. When you have booted, change your theme to anything else, then change it back to remove the old menuhax version
20. Reinstall menuhax using browserhax and the HomeBrew Launcher (you do not need to reconfigure, just press install in menuhax_manager)"

I'm not sure about what I have to do, do I just need to to turn on as usually my Nintendo 3ds without going in the homebrew launcher and change my theme with on of those that is present (red, pink, black)? Or do I need to do it in the homebrew launcher.
Then I don't need to configure it, but is it safe to do it, is it useful?
And what is the point to delete it then install it after? This is because we've downgraded?

Thanks.

Last edited by Azaghâl,

konsolenumbau.expert

Trophies
Website
konsolenumbau.expert
XP
Country
Germany
When you plan to use a bigger sd card do it straight away. No problem I use 64gb always.

Step 19:
Just change the DS theme to any other color via the button in the upper left corner. Apply that change and after that you can set it back to normal if you want.

Step 20:

Start the Homebrew Launchet via exploit of your choice and install the Menuhax again. :-)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

GilgameshArcher

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Follow step by step and you will end up with a nice CFW SysNAND up to date (11.0) with the great FBI installed allowing you to download and install all those great CIA files(games and HomeBrews).

Maximoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys! If the authour of this topic allows me, I'd like to make some questions:

1) I just did all the process of Plailect Guide but in the very end od Part 5, specificly .15, I couldn't make HomeBrew Launch work I'm using a 2DS). When I open it appears a message , it try to download something and I am kicked back to main menu. How do i solve this?

2) Can I use DS flashcard to play some DS games? Is the any risk to reset the hack?

Thanks in advance.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys! If the authour of this topic allows me, I'd like to make some questions:

1) I just did all the process of Plailect Guide but in the very end od Part 5, specificly .15, I couldn't make HomeBrew Launch work I'm using a 2DS). When I open it appears a message , it try to download something and I am kicked back to main menu. How do i solve this?

2) Can I use DS flashcard to play some DS games? Is the any risk to reset the hack?

Thanks in advance.
1) Follow my instructions here to get the payload needed for the Homebrew Launcher cia.
2) The only way to play downloaded DS games is with a flashcart. There is no risk to A9LH.

Reactions: Maximoff

Maximoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1) Follow my instructions here to get the payload needed for the Homebrew Launcher cia.
2) The only way to play downloaded DS games is with a flashcart. There is no risk to A9LH.

Thanks, I'll try it right now!!

Speaking of DS Games, yes, I have a R4 flashcard! I was afraid to use it because I had a 3DS with Gateway in the past and everytime I used DS games or Flashcards the hack was reseted and I had to do the process all over again! Good to know that nothing happens with A9LH!

Maximoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Well, I tried your method, put the file in the root Of SD card but nothing changed . I'll uninstall and reinstall the homebrew Launcher to see what happens ...

Last edited by Maximoff,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...