Question about overall homebrew.

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by SwaGoat, May 8, 2016.

1. SwaGoat
    OP

SwaGoat GBAtemp Regular

Dec 18, 2015
    Greece
    So,I think the tittle may be misleading and the subject may be already answered but i'd like it to be answer specifficaly about the 3ds homebrew.

On forum rules it's said that piracy will not be forgived,
    but forums are full of questions about:
    • Homebrew
    • Flashcards
    • CIA
    • CFW
    and much more.
    I'm not mad or accusing anything but I'd just like to know what piracy's definition for 3ds is,for my and forums' sake so that I won't say anything exceeding the limit.

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    You can't link to or post copyrighted content or mention sites by name or otherwise. Discussion is fine.

3. SwaGoat
    OP

SwaGoat GBAtemp Regular

Dec 18, 2015
    Greece
    Quite much a full answer lol :P thanks anyway :)

4. Drakia

Drakia GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 15, 2008
    Canada
    You can't link to sites that host pirated content, but you can say things like that iso site, or that nfshost site. You can't post pirated content here, or direct links to it (So no links directly to copyrighted CIA's, no directly posting titlekeys, and no uploading/linking to encryption keys).

5. Ev1l0rd

Ev1l0rd ◥▷◁◤ Knight of Void

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Land of Darkness and Bounty
    The thing that we can call stuff like that iso site as such is actually kinda weird as the rules say this:

But I guess the mods are bit lax in enforcing it and just allow it as Google-Fu is still required to understand what we mean by it.

6. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Nobody's mentioning by name, though. They're using ambiguous forms of the title. It's like saying "SWIM".

7. Logan Pockrus

Logan Pockrus Knawledge is key.

Jan 1, 2016
    United States
    For this example, that iso site = www.example.com.

So, you couldn't say something like "that example site" because its URL is www.example.com. Meaning, no direct links and make sure to add a level of ambiguity. Just saying this to clear things up. (Get it? Ambiguity, and clear things up? Alright, I'll leave now....)